Our client is located Uptown, seconds from the subway line. They are a global information solutions company that leverages data, analytics, and technology to transform knowledge into insights in order to make informed decisions.
- Participate in defining the company's overall test architecture and strategy.
- Identify and build solutions for technical challenges, including test tools, test harnesses and fixtures
- Create and implement strategies on designing, maintaining and executing manual and automated test cases for GUI, functional, API, performance and end-to-end tests
- Advocate for test priorities in daily scrum and sprint planning meetings
- Share and promote best practices across the IT organization
- Configure and maintain complex production-like test and UAT environments
- Orchestra testing activities and effort between different test teams; manage test batches for continuous integration testing and continuous delivery
- Ensure comprehensive test coverage of unit tests and continuous maintenance of automated regression test suites
- Perform code reviews if needed
- Effectively lead and collaborate with team members and others in organization to resolve testing issues.
- Independently analyzes issues, recommends software changes and writes detailed bug reports. Creates and maintains ownership of test cases and test results throughout SDLC.
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding of Agile Development/Testing Life Cycle by providing leadership and guidance.
- Produces defect reports, status reports, test reports and other reports as required.
- Independently provide defect analysis identifying QA root cause and corrective action for missed test coverage.
- Recommends Quality Assurance best practices and helps define and champion Quality Assurance standards.
- 7+ years experience in software engineering or QA, working through a full lifecycle for web-based applications and preferably eCommerce applications, from requirements gathering to deployment
- BS degree in Computer Science is required
- Expertise in testing Java applications in an agile development environment
- Advanced proficiency with SQL server and writing SQL queries.
- Ability to prioritize, solve complex tasks and recognize and escalate risks without supervision
- Knowledge in Jenkins, GIT, Jira, Confluence & Selenium webdriver
- 5+ years management and/or team lead experience