Discover a world of opportunities. #HumanChemistry
See what chemistry can do for your career: careers.evonik.com
Exploring opportunities. Growing together.
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 118326
Senior QC Manager
Location: Burnaby, BC
Legal Entity: Evonik Canada Inc.
Business Line: Health Care
What we offer
Evonik stands for attractive business and innovative prowess. Our corporate culture is geared toward results, profitable growth, and increasing the value of the company. Operating in over 100 countries, we benefit from close customer relationships and leading market positions. Over 36,000 employees are united by the understanding that no product is so perfect that you can't make it better. Evonik Vancouver Laboratories is a contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) that offers Chemistry, Manufacturing and Control (CMC) services to customers conducting pharmaceutical research and development. With proven success in moving drug candidates from the bench into clinical trials, the site focuses on lipid nanoparticle (LNP) drug delivery systems from pre-formulation R&D services through GMP clinical trial manufacturing and commercial process development. Evonik Vancouver Laboratories is the leader for advanced lipid nanoparticle drug delivery with significant expertise in siRNA, mRNA, peptides and high potency APIs.
- Provides technical oversight of laboratory activities and support for the Formulation and Manufacturing Departments.
- Reviews/updates analytical methods, SOPs, study protocols and reports
- Trains and coaches personnel in job functions related to their growth development
- Manages departmental budgets and financial forecasts of revenue
- Identifies and manages departmental goals for QC Department in line with the vision
- Holds departmental meetings as required.
- Manages personnel resources within the Department
- Oversee scheduling, routine testing and the preparation and review of analytical data packages; shipment of Raw Materials and Products for external testing; maintenance program for lab equipment
- Provide leadership, management, evalutatoin and training to all laboratory employees
- Provide technical support to analytical method validation and samples analysis of Raw Materials, in-process and final products; including the preparation of standards, equipment operation and report generation.
- Performs troubleshooting for analytical equipment and methods
- MSc or PhD in Analytical Chemistry or relevant field with at least 10 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Minimum of 5 years of managerial and project management experience
- Some experience working with biomolecules and nanotechnology
- 5+ years of experience in GMP work environment
- Working knowledge of analytical equipment, including HPLC, LCMS, etc.
- Must have knowledge and good understanding of data acquisition and management software.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills; ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, concepts and knowledge to key stakeholders
- Must have excellent written communications skills, technical reports, SOP’s, etc.
- Capable of training and developing others in Analytical chemistry
This is a great opportunity to work with engaged, commited and dedicated colleagues in an innovative and progressive environment.
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits and career development opportunities.
To ensure the fastest process of your application and to protect the environment, please apply online via our careers portal at https://careers.evonik.com. Thank you for your interest in EVONIK we look forward to you joining our team!
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 118326
Evonik Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Evonik will not accept any unsolicited application documents sent by staffing firms. Evonik works in conjunction with preferred service providers and will not pay any fee to staffing firms in the absence of an appropriate framework agreement. Should Evonik receive a candidate profile from a staffing firm with which it has no framework agreement, and should this candidate subsequently be considered in the recruitment process or offered employment, no claims from the staffing firm will be entertained in this regard.