ROLE: SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR
REPORTING TO: COMMERCIAL MANAGER
Summary of Role
Be able to help support the implementation of the business strategy. Ensuring the successful financial completion of projects, ensure targets are been met and exceeded where possible. Ensure the Company is protected against financial risks and the commercial procedures of the business are implemented. Direct responsibility for the commercial measurement and reporting across allocated projects whilst at the same time share knowledge across all other groups.
Responsible for all the post contract quantity surveying services on one or more projects which may be allocated by the commercial manager
- In conjunction with the Estimating Team, once project hand over is complete present the project start sheet for review and approval. Clearly demonstrating the tender targets, improved status, VE Targets and also anticipated gains from Change Orders,
- To liaise with the Commercial Manager & Projects Director on all Contractual Administration concerns. To ensure in consultation with Commercial Manager that all necessary notices and submissions required by the various forms of contract are given in an expedient manner so as to protect the company’s position in its trading activities.
- To ensure in consultation with the Commercial Manager that all main contract payment applications contain all necessary additional cost claims and that the timely submission of detailed claims and final accounts is achieved (strictly in accordance with the specific payment terms). Final accounts should be agreed within 4 weeks of PC.
- Maintain a healthy relationship with all Design team professionals and Client representatives throughout the project.
- Management and cost control on preliminaries budget/current/forecast
- Ensure all sub-contract order are drawn up in timely manner, ensuring the performance of all liabilities strictly lie with the subcontractors and are hence written into the sub-contract form.
- Manage sub-contractor accounts including the negotiation and agreement of sub-contractor payments and final accounts
- To ensure the prompt and regular submission of main contract payment applications and subsequent cash collection (strictly in accordance with the specified payment terms).
- To provide accurate monthly cost/value reconciliation and forward all CVRs within the time frame set.
- To ensure that a high personal standard of professionalism is evident to all external clients, peers and subordinates in the day to day Commercial Management of the business.
- Provide support and feedback to the estimating team from completed projects under the guidance of your Commercial Manager.
- Promoting the team culture and develop the Career Pathways ensuring younger staff are mentored to take on additional responsibilities.
- Arrange for defects inspections in advance of Expiry of Defects Date & liaising with Contracts Manager in respect of clearing those defects and in turn applying for our final account release.
- Promote the Company and actively pursue any new business leads.
- Protect the company contractually & follow Company procedures and protocols.
- All candidates must have a relevant third level qualification, preferably Construction Economics or Quantity Surveying
- 5+ years of experience within a contract building or fit-out environment
- Experience in a Project Management position, contracting an advantage
- Looking to relocate from Canada to Ireland
APPLY NOW below to find out more today!
Relocation, bonuses and amazing project opportunities