Seaspan is an association of Canadian companies primarily involved in coastal marine transportation, ship docking/ship escort, ship repair and shipbuilding services in Western North America. In addition to the marine transportation services offered directly through Seaspan, commercial ferry, shipyard and bunkering services are provided via affiliate companies: Marine Petrobulk, Seaspan Ferries, Vancouver Drydock, Vancouver Shipyards and Victoria Shipyards.
The scope of Seaspan’s services, the quality of its employees and over a century of successful participation in coastal commerce, make the company a major partner in the economy of the Pacific Northwest.
The Talent Acquisition team is currently in search of a strategic Senior Recruiter ready to take on their next growth-oriented opportunity. Reporting to the Director, Talent Acquisition & Mobility, the successful candidate will work as a strategic partner with our business leaders to attracting top talent. Through this partnership, the Senior Recruiter will develop and execute full cycle recruitment strategies that result in critical hires and the development of a robust talent pipeline.
• Demonstrate functional expertise and market knowledge to identify and deploy a variety of recruiting methods to source and attract desired talent
• Work closely with Hiring Managers throughout the recruitment process, to develop accurate competency requirements, position specifications, and candidate profiles
• Demonstrate skilled assessment capabilities, ensuring candidates possess the right competencies, behaviours and cultural fit, to meet both short term and long term human capital and business objectives
• Chair candidate feedback sessions with Hiring Managers and provide sound assessments to assist with the hiring process
• Act as the primary interface with candidates ensuring they receive an exceptional candidate experience through responsiveness, exceptional communication skills and professional management of all questions and negotiations
• Support relocation and immigration processes for all hires
• Maintain detailed records in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS – Taleo) and recruitment files, as well as provide comprehensive written reviews to Hiring Managers on interviewed or screened candidates
• Ensure all internal control, compliance and regulatory guidelines are met
• Collaborate with recruitment and mobility team members building strong relationships and team cohesiveness
• Lead various projects related to talent branding and candidate attraction from time to time as they arise
• Other related duties as required
• Minimum of 7+ years full cycle recruitment experience
• 3+ years’ experience recruiting senior level positions (Manager and above)
• A combination of search firm and corporate recruitment experience is preferred
• Experience recruiting in a manufacturing, heavy industrial or an engineering environment would be considered an asset
• Proficient expertise in the following areas: leading detailed intake meetings with Hiring Managers, candidate assessment techniques, screening a large volume of candidates, passive sourcing strategies for difficult to fill roles
• Experience working with Taleo or a related ATS
• Outstanding relationship and interpersonal skills, with proven influencing skills at all levels of an organization
• Mature presentation and professional communication style, to win trust and credibility at all levels of the organization and with candidates;
• Excellent time management and organization skills, with the proven ability to juggle and reprioritize based on business needs
• Ability to work collaboratively and independently
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and Encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.