Client ID: 278645
Senior Release Train Engineer
Collaboration and Coaching:
- Foster Scrum Master collaboration through, amongst other activities: facilitating Scrum of Scrums meetings, helping the Scrum Master Community of Practice (CoP) remain active and constructive, identifying collaboration opportunities and aiding cross-team collaboration.
- Foster Product Manager collaboration through, amongst other activities: ensuring Product Managers meet weekly, stimulating a Product Owner CoP to be set-up, promoting cross-team collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Coach Scrum Masters, Product Owners, leaders, managers other core stakeholders where necessary in adopting an Agile DevOps mindset.
- Facilitate continuous improvement and promote information sharing by working with the DevOps Support Office (DSO), to encourage and nurture Communities of Practice (CoPs).
- Identify and organize opportunities for teams to collaborate and improve, e.g. inspect and adapt workshops, innovative hackathons, etc. Agile DevOps Ceremonies:
- Maintain an annual calendar of common ceremonies, bringing about understanding of the purpose of the ceremonies and encouraging the right level of participation and observation from audiences at different levels within the organization.
- Organize and lead pre-VI meetings with teams and stakeholders, coaching Scrum Masters so teams have their vision and backlogs prepared, getting consensus and buy-in to VI objectives in order to bring about readiness for Value Increment (VI) sessions.
- Lead VI sessions, ensure VI summaries are captured for visibility and transparency, and made available after sessions.
- Organize and facilitate where necessary to ensure post-VI meetings with external stakeholders affected by VI session outputs are held.
- Organize All-Teams Demos during VI iterations, bringing in Change Management support as an opportunity to showcase DevOps value organization-wide.
- Facilitate All-Teams Retrospectives, ensuring results are captured and made available on a common platform.
- Coach teams to incorporate demo feedback and retrospective outcomes as continuous improvements and product backlog items. Value, Risk and Metrics:
- Manage and optimize the flow of value across all Agile DevOps teams by, amongst other activities: facilitating the synchronization of value currencies and measurement across all teams, optimizing value flow through the Agile DevOps teams - using scrum and Kanban practices.
- Provide oversight of Scrum Masters’ metrics and reporting, including business value realization, finances and progress status.
- Provide assistance to establish and then maintain cross-team risk and dependency management and practices. Help to manage cross-team risks and dependencies.
- Escalate identified impediments that cannot be resolved at a team level and recommend avenues for resolution
Focus on Relationships:
The RTE is accountable to the Director, DevOps.
The incumbent has no assigned subordinates, but collaborates with internal and external stakeholders and will need to maintain close relationships with the following roles:
Business Relationship Managers, Architectural Groups, Cloud Operations and Design, Cloud Infrastructure and Architecture, DevOps Release Lead, DevOps QA Lead DevOps UX Lead, People Development Manager, DevOps Program Manager. This role will coordinate activities of Scrum Masters, architects and Product Owners within the DevOps team. Since the RTE will not have direct reports, the person in that position will need to have good people-leadership skills, ability to build rapport, conflict management and ability to reach consensus.
Senior Release Train Engineer Mandatory Requirements:
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- A minimum of 6 years of direct hand on experience in the agile practice; inclusive of the 6 years, 4 years’ relevant experience with agile methodologies and DevOps environment, 4 years’ work experience in IT involving continuous process improvement, project management, business requirements and analysis and/or technical proficiency; 2 years developing/delivery in the cloud
- Of the 6+ years, 4+ years of work experience in IT involving continuous process improvement, project management, business requirements and analysis, and/or technical proficiency
- Experience leading 5 or more Agile teams at a program level (as an Agile Release Train) to deliver value incrementally
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or equivalent certification such as CSPO, CSD, CSP, or PMI-ACP, SAFe Scrum Master (SSM), CDAP, CLP
- Certification: SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE4) or Advanced Scrum Master (ASM) or a certification such as Certified Scrum Profession (CSP), Agile Certified Professional (PMI-ACP), Certified Team Coach (CTC) or SAFe Program Consultant (SPC4)
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Senior Release Train Engineer Assignment Location:
Senior Release Train Engineer Assignment Length: