Our client, a well-respected general contractor, is looking for an experienced project manager for their impressive master plan community. The project Manager will be in responsible for the management and execution for multiple residential high-rise projects. The project will have a 15+ year schedule and has a project value of 500+ million.
The ideal candidate will have 5-10 years of experience as a project manager. The project manager should be familiar with the complexity of a residential projects and have managed multiple projects from pre-construction, through excavation, structure/envelope, finishing and client turnover. They must be able to see the big picture, be adept at solving problems and getting results.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for all work activities on assigned high-rise construction projects to ensure the design, project specifications, regulations and safety codes are met;
- Plan all project schedules, milestones and deliverable.
- Establish and deliver mechanisms for tracking and communicating project progress;
- Lead, develop and assign responsibilities to project team;
- Coordinates Site Superintendents and project workforce needs;
- Steers project(s) through design, permits and construction phases to deliver on time and within budget:
- Providing a high standard of customer service in all areas of responsibility through effective quality control and timeliness in construction.
- University degree/college diploma in Construction Project Management / Engineering or a related field;
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience with high-rise residential construction at a Project Management capacity;
- Expert ability to manage project time-lines and budgets;
- Demonstrable ability to lead high-rise construction projects in various phases concurrently;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A thorough understanding of the specific needs, codes and regulations pertaining to building within BC, and specifically Vancouver.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is a recruitment and solutions firm that specializes in the fields of Real Estate & Construction, Information Technology, Engineering & Technical and Accounting & Finance.
We offer unrivaled expertise with a team that has many years of experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. Our recruitment consultants work in specific vertical markets and our passion is building great connections, creating strong opportunities, and delivering that perfect match.
For additional opportunities, please visit us at http://www.matchboxhr.com