Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialized clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.Job Description
** Please note: This role will be located at a Eurofins client's site in Toronto. The estimated start date for this role is September 2020. **
The Senior Scientist will apply scientific expertise to select appropriate assays for the characterization and quality control of vaccines and other products to support the manufacturing processes and develop test methods for use as release, stability, and/or characterization assays for new vaccine products. Test method development encompasses literature search, feasibility assessment, assay optimization, and qualification/validation. This position:
- implements and maintains GxP compliant instruments and testing where required;
- keeps informed of relevant quality, regulatory, and GxP environments and regulations;
- provides scientific guidance for data interpretation, analysis and suitability of test methods;
- keeps abreast of relevant technology development and assists with implementation of new technologies into the Platform with a technical focus on mass spectrometry.
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry or related field with a minimum of 2-4 years of relevant experience preferred
- Familiarity with testing in compliance with current regulations is preferred
- M.Sc. Degree with a minimum of 4-6 years of relevant work experience
- Specific experience in the development of liquid chromatography - mass spectrometry workflows (LC-MS) for biomolecules/vaccines and process impurities
- Familiarity with a broad range of protein/peptide/biomolecule workflows and mass spectrometry instrumentation including nano chromatography and/or analytical chromatography applications
- Experience with QTOF, Orbitrap or triple quadrupole MS systems
- Experience in maintaining laboratories and equipment in cGMP and/or GLP compliance.
- Proven verbal and written communication, organizational and team skills are required
What we offer:
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive and medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- RRSP/DPSP eligibility with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Employee Assistance Plan, Tuition Program and much more!
- This position will be working in a laboratory environment where most of the time will be standing or sitting at a lab bench, or sitting at a desk working on a computer. Light-intermediate lifting requirements of no more than 30 lbs. Hazardous materials are handled using established safety procedures and appropriate PPE.
- Shift work and overtime may be required, as well as working periodic weekends and/or evenings.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Professional Scientific Services(PSS) is a global, award-winning insourcing solution that places our people at our clients site dedicated to running and managing laboratory services while eliminating headcount, co-employment and project-management worries.
We infuse our 55-year track record of scientific and laboratory operations expertise, as well as HR and great place to work best practices, to recruit, hire, train and manage highly qualified scientists to perform laboratory services using our clients quality systems and equipment.
To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our websitewww.eurofinsus.com
Eurofins supports equal opportunities for inclusion and invites all qualified applicants to apply; if accommodations are required in the application or interview process, please contact us via www.eurofins.ca. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted - no phonecalls or emails please! Selected candidates can expect to be contacted in 3-6 weeks.
No agencies please!