Location: Montréal, QC (could be remote)
We are seeking an experienced SIEM Engineer to join the company SOC team to manage and support various Enterprise SIEM platforms including; IBM QRadar, ArcSight and Splunk. The ideal candidate has subject matter expertise and experience with Splunk ESM or Arcsight in a large Enterprise environment with proven capabilities to plan, configure, troubleshoot and deploy various SIEM components and technologies. The candidate should be solutions focused, Q.A. oriented, capable of organizing work on multiple threads/projects simultaneously and has very good communication skills.
The position of SIEM Engineer provides the opportunity to work with leading edge staff andtechnologies. The position involves taking responsibility for various customer facing Security Infrastructure Servers and logging environments. Primary responsibilities include;
- Install SIEM components on client networks
- Monitor the performance of the SIEM systems
- Ensure the SIEM components are updated
- Troubleshoot and resolve any system issues
- Integrate various log sources
- Identify and proactively propose opportunities for optimization
- Create and troubleshoot Parsers
Requirements and Experience
- Minimum 3 years of full time SIEM Administration experience using Splunk ESM, or ArcSight in an Enterprise environment.
- Advanced knowledge of SIEM components and related administrative needs
- 2-5 years of general system administration experience
- Fluent with Linux (preferably Red Hat Linux or CentOS)
- Fluent in Windows AD environments.
- Fluent in networking and common enterprise-related protocols (SMB, SMTP, DNS, etc.).
- Working knowledge of various web technologies including SSL, Web Services, Proxy, etc.
- Working knowledge of latest server hardware technologies and data center management tools (Apache, IIS, etc.).
- Experience with SQL and underlying technologies and platforms (MySQL and/or Postgres, MSSQL, Oracle).
- Experience with Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS)
- Experience programming, preferably with Python
- Self-driven and organized
- Strong Verbal Communication is a must!
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- 4 Weeks’ Vacation and 7 Personal/Sick days per (calendar) year
- Health and Dental coverage
- RRSP Matching Program
- Sports & Wellness Subsidy
- Public Transportation Subsidy