Brock Solutions is an engineering solutions and professional services company specializing in the design, build and implementation of real-time solutions for broad based industrial/manufacturing and transportation/logistics organizations worldwide. With approximately 500 employees globally, Brock Solutions is a privately held, employee owned organization with over 30 years in the real-time solutions space.
As Brock Solutions continues to grow and respond to the on-going requirements of major clients, we need to add talent to our base of outstanding professionals. We are currently seeking a Software Architect to join our team of experienced professionals located at our head office in Irving, TX.
Brock Solutions makes use of the latest technologies and methodologies on a variety of platforms including cross-browser websites, commercial off the shelf technologies, mobile platforms, and Windows applications to provide cutting edge solutions to our customers. As a Software Architect, you will work directly with our clients to establish software requirements, build out common architectures, design solutions, and lead a team of talented software leads and developers throughout the software development lifecycle.
You will be responsible for successful delivery of our solutions to our clients, and ensuring that our software is developed using the latest technologies, follows current best practices, and meets high technical standards. Working with our technical leads on the various accounts we have, you will lead the overall technical direction of our solutions and development standards as it relates to our strategic goals.
- Design, develop and maintain multiple applications and services
- Lead a team of software developers throughout the project lifecycle
- Work with cross section of technical leads to raise the bar on our software best practices while finding the best ways to leverage commercial off the shelf technology
- Create effective deployment and testing workflows
- Work with clients to define project software architectural needs
- Establish initiatives and execute them through to normal day-to-day project work
- Participate in code reviews to ensure software meets development standards
- Mentor and educate a wide range of software developers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related fields
- 5+ years of experience in a software development role
- Proven experience laying out sustainable architectures
- Object-oriented design and programming experience in languages such as C#, Java, or C++ - preference being C#
- Relational database design and programming experience
- Web service development, using technologies such as WCF, REST, SOAP, XML and JSON
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to many different stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task and manage unstructured tasks within specific guidelines and time constraints
- Ability to work independently but thrives in working in a collaborative environment
- Please note this position may require minimal travel
Brock Solutions strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, Brock Solutions will endeavour to remove barriers to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.
If you are interested, then please apply online directly on our website at https://careers.brocksolutions.com/Careers.aspx?req=SW-AR-DAL-19