Ideal Start: As soon as possible
Length: Contract & Full-Time Opportunities
Work Location: Calgary, Alberta
We are looking for a Web Developer ready to work with Django and either enjoys writing Python or is willing to learn. You will be involved in every aspect of development, from planning and conceptualizing, to prototyping, building and launching.
- At least 7 years of experience building dynamic web applications in any language (Python, PHP, .Net, Ruby and Node.js to name a few)
- Has a good grasp of Django development techniques or other MVC frameworks
- A deep knowledge of relational databases, such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS
- Familiarity with Linux (Ubuntu flavor) server environments
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Self-motivated and resourceful, with the proven ability to operate successfully under tight deadlines and time pressures
- Enjoys a fast-paced, creative, dynamic, challenging and team-oriented work environment
Nice to have:
- Experience with building and maintaining REST API applications
- Experience with deploying / maintaining an AWS stack.
- Enjoy writing scripts to automate the mundane (Bash, Ansible, etc)
- Familiar with test driven development practices
- Deployment experience using Apache, Nginx + UWSGI, or other WSGI-based web servers
- Familiarity with CSS pre-processors (LESS, SASS)
Thank you for your interest, however only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
Modis will only present your resume to client’s when your explicit permission is obtained.
Modis maintains a general inbox for all IT candidates. If you are interested in being considered for other roles in the Calgary and/or Edmonton markets, please forward your resume to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
"Modis is one of the world's largest and most respected providers of Information Technology Resource Management (ITRM) services."