At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today’s advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to:
- Build and enhance our proven security platform
- Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
- Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
- Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That’s why we’re a leader in next-generation cybersecurity—and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner.
Proofpoint is looking for a Software Engineer to work out of its Toronto office. Proofpoint Email Archiving is a Software as a Service solution that features a distributed grid search and storage infrastructure. This service-based architecture allows us to scale to meet the needs of hundreds of clients that are among the largest businesses in the world.
We are looking for a software engineer to join this leading edge team, to extend and enhance the wide range of services provided by our service infrastructure. You will be a key player in a small team developing enhancements to the archiving product in all areas including web services, application functionality, data management framework and tools
- With Product Management, define and refine the requirements of new features and redesign of existing features by the creation of use cases
- Producing innovative and easy-to-use design solutions that address complex concepts and workflows for various features in the archiving system
- Help to troubleshoot and resolve difficult production problems that can affect out various customers across multiple data centers in multiple different geographies
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary product teams to ensure design meets user needs, product requirements, and technical constraints while ensuring timely delivery of product efforts
- Contribute to and lead the development of various style guides and user experience pattern libraries
What you bring to the team
- Experienced building core enterprise products/solutions
- Design and development skills in Java
- Strong analytics background with experience working with different search engines like Lucene
- Experienced of advanced OO concepts/methodologies
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Flexibility to change approaches and projects when needed
- Previous experience creating security, email, archiving, eDiscovery, and/or storage products is a plus
- Experience with Database programming (MySQL a strong plus)
- Experience with distributed systems
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering
What make you different from others
- Experience with development using Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) and EWS
- Experience with development using Microsoft Enterprise System such as Active Directory, Exchange Server, Windows Management System, PowerShell, and etc
- Familiar with Microsoft Cloud Solution such as Azure, O365, Remote Powershell, and Active Directory Graph API
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization with leading edge products, there are many exciting reasons to join the Proofpoint team. We believe in hiring the best the brightest and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. As we continue to grow and expand globally, we understand that hiring the right people and treating them well is key to our success! We are a multi-national company with locations in 10 countries, with each location contributing to Proofpoint’s amazing culture!
Proofpoint is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation and age.