At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today’s advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to:
- Build and enhance our proven security platform
- Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
- Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
- Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That’s why we’re a leader in next- generation cybersecurity—and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work out of its Toronto office. Proofpoint Email Archiving is a cloud-based solution that features a distributed grid search and storage infrastructure. This service-based architecture allows us to scale to meet the needs of hundreds of clients that are among the largest businesses in the world.
The main role will be to lead the design and implement features in our core services. The candidate must be a strategic, self-motivated, creative, and highly communicative both verbally and in writing, capable of adapting quickly to a fast-paced and evolving environment.
This is an active hands-on role, designing and owning key pieces of the core product, solving complex issues, implement complex business requirements in distributed environment. The candidate should also be comfortable researching and prototyping his/her ideas, to be able to quickly ideate and refine the designs in an agile software development environment.
- Work with product owner, define and refine the requirements of features and issues
- Work with scrum master, technical leaders, and manager to ensure design meets product requirements, and resolving technical constraints while ensuring timely delivery of product efforts
- Practice Agile/Scrum process by participating daily scrum, retrospective, planning, and demo
- Rapidly produce workflows and working prototypes for proof of concept
- Producing innovative and effective design solutions that address complex concepts with no critical impacts to the current core system
- Continuously seeking improvements of product and development process
- Providing technical expertise to support/sustaining teams to resolve critical production issues
- Ensure high quality of code by practicing continuous integration with unit test, source control, and integrate build process
What you bring to the team
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience delivering industrial-strength, commercial software with demonstrated technical expertise in a OO language (C#/C++/Java)
- Demonstrate outstanding design with best practices in distributed systems
- Strong concurrent programming with threads, high-availability, web services, and complex data architectures
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills to resolve complex issues and find an effective solution.
- Experience with integrated software engineering processes (e.g., unit testing, source control, continuous build, etc.)
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills. Able to communicate technical solution and design well to different stakeholders
- Must be a team player and be able to work in an operationally critical, diverse, and dynamic environment
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and manage multiple assignments
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
What make you different from others
- Experience with development using Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) and EWS
- Experience with development using Microsoft Enterprise System such as Active Directory, Exchange Server, Windows Management System, PowerShell, and etc
- Familiar with Microsoft Cloud Solution such as Azure, O365, Remote Powershell, and Active Directory Graph API
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization with leading edge products, there are many exciting reasons to join the Proofpoint team. We believe in hiring the best the brightest and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. As we continue to grow and expand globally, we understand that hiring the right people and treating them well is key to our success! We are a multi-national company with locations in 10 countries, with each location contributing to Proofpoint’s amazing culture!
Proofpoint is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation and age.