At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today’s advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to:
- Build and enhance our proven security platform
- Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
- Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
- Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That’s why we’re a leader in next-generation cybersecurity—and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner.
Proofpoint is looking for a Sr. UI Software Engineer to work out of its Toronto office. Proofpoint Email Archiving is a cloud-based solution that features a distributed grid search and storage infrastructure. This service-based architecture allows us to scale to meet the needs of hundreds of clients that are among the largest businesses in the world.
The central focus for this role will be to help design and implement web UI interfaces leveraging our core services. The candidate must be a strategic, self-motivated, creative, and highly communicative both verbally and in writing, capable of adapting quickly to a fast-paced and evolving environment.
This is an active hands-on role, designing key pieces of the core product, and solving complex interactions. The candidate should also be comfortable prototyping his/her ideas, to be able to quickly
- With Product Management, define and refine the requirements of new features and redesign of existing features by the creation of use cases
- Rapidly produce workflows, detailed high fidelity schematics, interactive prototypes and lightweight functional specs
- Producing innovative and easy-to-use design solutions that address complex concepts and workflows across multiple persona needs
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary product teams to ensure design meets user needs, product requirements, and technical constraints while ensuring timely delivery of product efforts
- Work closely with graphic designers to develop visual design elements
- Contribute to and lead the development of various style guides and user experience pattern libraries
- Help to define, refine, and champion user-centered design/development processes
What you bring to the team
- Possess 5+ years experience in designing UI, with a firm understanding of concepts related to: web application architecture, data modeling, object oriented design for large scale enterprise products/solutions
- Demonstrate outstanding design talent and creativity, as well as the ability to develop concepts and lead the design process
- Experience work with JS frameworks like Ember.JS or Angular.JS
- Solid understanding of advanced OO concepts/methodologies
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Flexibility to change approaches and projects when needed
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
What make you different from others
- Experience with development Embe.JS in a enterprise application
- Full-Stack Devvelopment Experience
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization with leading edge products, there are many exciting reasons to join the Proofpoint team. We believe in hiring the best the brightest and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. As we continue to grow and expand globally, we understand that hiring the right people and treating them well is key to our success! We are a multi-national company with locations in 10 countries, with each location contributing to Proofpoint’s amazing culture!
Proofpoint is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation and age.