Executive Talent on Demand is actively recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer in the Guelph area! Our client is an innovative leader within the Food and Beverage Industry and is looking for a highly organized and efficient Senior Mechanical Engineer who will lead mechanical projects by coordinating objectives and directing a team. This is a permanent opportunity, with significant room for growth!
- Design all types of mechanical systems and equipment selection for use in various types of food or beverage plants (including HVAC, underground plumbing and other plumbing systems, natural gas facility distribution, etc.)
- Improve operations, reduce turnaround times, and optimize processes to provide seamless quality of engineering services
- Verify and validate engineering designs by testing protocols and analyzing statistical data
- Manage mechanical engineering projects from inception to completion (final inspection)
- Evaluate various mechanical products under consideration for purchase to determine their efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 – 10 years of related experience working within the Food and Beverage or Pharmaceutical Industry
- Working knowledge of Ontario Building Code (HVAC and Plumbing), Ontario Fire Code, CFIA, ASHRAE STD as applied to HVAC and Refrigeration, NFPA, OSHA, TSSA, CSA Standard for fuel related appliances and equipment
- Member of PEO and/or other related professional organizations
- Understanding of Ammonia and Halocarbon refrigeration systems
- Ability to create and review technical documentation, including project plans, test procedures, and design documents
If interested in this great opportunity, apply to firstname.lastname@example.org – IT Manager of First Impressions & Recruitment. Please note that we offer a lucrative referral bonus for the hired candidate if you know someone in your professional network.