On behalf of our reputable, Public Sector client in Vancouver, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for multiple Senior Solutions Architects for a Full-Time project opportunity as a salaried employee for a 2.5 year engagement.
Our Enterprise client is embarking on a multi-year journey to transform its processes and system environments for the entire organization. This project will focus on the implementation of one core platform for its customers and internal employees.
The Senior Solutions Architect manages the overall design and development of an integration /solution architecture framework that compliments and enhances operational strategy across complex company-wide information systems/services.
The Senior Solutions Architect will be accountable for the design, development and execution of the solution framework for the Program which will have a transformational impact on the organization’s capabilities, organizational processes and informational technology environment.
The Senior Solution Architect reports, organizationally, to the Director, Solutions Design and Delivery. The Senior Solutions Architect will also be accountable for results to the Executives and Senior Leadership while working closely with stakeholders and senior colleagues from the Enterprise Architecture group and other units.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develops an architecture framework (business and technical) for complex company-wide information systems or services including strategies, policies, guiding principles, and standards to govern how technology solutions will be developed and executed.
- Defines the solution architecture guiding principles and determines which integration capabilities are to be implemented.
- Provides technical leadership and expertise on architecture planning, processes and standards, system development methodologies, key business initiatives / issues, IT implications for systems or technologies and their impact on business solutions.
- Maps and analyzes the business process to the supporting applications and services to understand the impact of the requirements (functional and non-functional).
- Collaborates with senior professionals to develop a Requirements Traceability Matrix to ensure end-to-end traceability of the solution to the requirements and reuse existing technologies and/or solution patterns where appropriate.
- Researches, develops and documents advanced and specialized applications, programming languages, industry best practices, organizational structures,, and infrastructure, architecture, and technology in related areas from an architectural design/solutions perspective.
- Ensures that the overall solution is adequately and appropriately integrated with other core Systems and that future interoperability is preserved.
- Supports the assessment of various solution design options and recommends solutions that best suit both the project's needs and the long-term objectives
- Post-graduate degree. Post graduate degree in computer science, systems analysis or a related study preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience and 4 years managerial experience and 3 years specialized experience in the design and implementation of major computer systems or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive experience working in Solution Architecture, preferably with experience on multiple organizational transformation initiatives.
- Experience that spans IT disciplines such as technical architecture, network management, integration management, application development, middleware, database management or operations.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning projects in HR and/or Finance.
- Knowledge of Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models.
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes.
- Ability to translate business needs into solution architecture requirements.
This is a Full-Time, Project Based role in Vancouver. The project length is estimated to end in September 2021 with the possibility of extension. You will qualify for full benefits in this role.