Title: Senior Solutions Support Engineer, Virtualized Edge
Location: Kanata, Ontario
Our Client is looking for a Senior Solutions Support Engineer for an exceptional opportunity to join in establishing and growing a new services practice within a technology leader. Their team are building a Systems Integration practice focused on Enterprise Edge/NFV solutions including uCPE hardware, D-NFVI software, Blue Planet orchestration, third-party Virtual Network Functions (VNF’s) and other multi-vendor elements. The network edge is an area of growth driven by virtualization, infrastructure refresh, Multi-access Edge Compute (MEC), 5G, and Internet of Things (IoT).
You will support virtualized edge solutions for our service provider and enterprise customers with an excellent customer experience. You will bring technical depth and breadth along with strong customer facing skills. Our startup team will benefit from your customer focus, collaboration, troubleshooting, responsiveness, and professionalism.
· Provide both post-sales and pre-sales solution support activities. Triage and isolate issues. Collaborate with system component owners, internal or external, for issue resolution in compliance with service level agreements.
· Support orchestration, Network Function Virtualization Infrastructure (NFVI), and enterprise Virtual Network Functions elements.
· Perform testing of solutions along with troubleshooting techniques to identify and resolve issues.
· Perform root cause analysis of issues.
· Perform solution life cycle management activities: evaluation and impact assessment of revisions to solution components. Assist in validation of solution configurations and release updates.
· Contribute to knowledge base and competency development of the team
· Create documentation and knowledge sharing content/competency development for colleagues, partners, and clients.
· Assist with staging and demonstration of proof of concepts (PoC) for customers and customer clients.
· Identify and create processes and tools and other improvements to optimize the capabilities of the practice.
· Provide status and resolution communication to both internal and external stakeholders.
Experience and Personal Skills
· The successful applicant for this role will have 7+ years of experience working in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) field. Two or more years of NFV/VNF application experience.
· Experience in a technical support role with an equipment vendor, software vendor, or systems integrator for multi-vendor solutions.
· Technical knowledge and experience in cloud computing and network function virtualization: orchestration (MANO), Network Function Virtualization Infrastructure (NFVI), and enterprise Virtualized Network Functions (VNF).
· Experience with enterprise VNF’s such as firewall, SBC, router, load-balancer, and SD-WAN.
· Certification or familiarization with hypervisor technologies and software for building and managing virtualized services: OpenStack, VMWare, Linux, RedHat, and public clouds.
· Network testing methodologies including test set usage and automation: Ixia or Spirent.
· VNF and NFVi tools and standards knowledge.
· Has performed cloud deployments and migrations.
· Rest API, automation, and scripting skills are valuable including: Ansible, Gitlab CI, JSON, and Python.
· Understanding of ethernet and IP networks: network design, routing protocols, L2/L3, MEF, and network security.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science or equivalent experience.
· Problem solver. Self-starter. Can gain collaboration of colleagues, partners, and third-parties with influence and respect. Performs well under pressure.
· Willingness to perform a variety of tasks in a start-up mode.
· Customer support activities may involve extended workhours when escalated issues occur and during maintenance intervals.
· The ability to travel approximately 25% of time, at times higher to support customer issues.
Rewarding experience. Meaningful outcomes.
Making a difference in people's lives through design and implementation of leading network technologies. That's what motivates us.
A distinct way to work
Free thinking, free discussion, and collaboration are the norm. Expect more satisfying outcomes - both personal and professional