Wood has a potential opportunity for a bilingual (Russian and English) Senior Structural Engineer (PEng) to join our Mining & Minerals business team to work with an international team on the detailed design phase of a mining project to start in July, 2019. Reporting to the Office Engineering Manager, this position is part of a project team located in our Oakville, ON office. This role will be filled contingent on award of project and will be responsible for providing design support on major EPC/EPCM projects. The successful candidate must be located within a reasonable commute to the Oakville, ON office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment and are familiar with Russian codes,(read and write in both English and Russian), this is the opportunity for you.
- Provide structural design and technical support including calculations, design and design drawing reviews, field investigation and solutions for the construction or repair of light or heavy industrial project
- Write detailed design documents and specifications for industrial operating facilities
- Review project documents prior to issue for scope and presentation, including checking for technical accuracy.
- Mentor less experienced engineers and designers in the group
- Develop and maintain positive, sustainable internal and external client relationships
- Coordinate and work with project team members in Canada and Russia
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Structural Engineering
- PEng designation
- 10 -15 years’ of related experience, with a minimum of 7 years focusing on mining projects
- Field experience in Russia would be an assest
- Working knowledge of Russian design codes and technical specification development
- Hands-on experience on STAAD-Pro and Robot Structural would be an asset.
- Mathcad or Excel
- Navis Works
- MS Office
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005, we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in all parts of the hiring process. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when raised with the recruiter or by e-mailing accessibilities.ON@amecfw.com
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.