Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL – Maritime Region Americas is seeking a Senior Surveyor to join our Montreal Station. As a fleet in service Senior Surveyor for Montreal you will be member of a highly-qualified team of surveyors and auditors serving the more traditional shipping segments calling ports in Quebec, Ontario, Great Lakes and Eastern Canada.
Tasks may include:
- Ensure that the work or duties performed are in accordance with the Rules, Regulations, Instructions, Guidelines and quality requirements of the organization and the instructions of the line management.
- Maintain the confidentiality of Clients' business, processes, designs, developments and documentation always.
- When applicable, to supervise the work of others and ensure that it is carried out as above and in an efficient and economic cost-saving manner.
- Exhibit customer oriented focus through promoting DNV GL onboard or on-site, and by acting as a technical resource for customer questions.
- To support Key Account Managers (KAM) as Technical Support Manager (TSM)
- Bachelors or higher in Naval Architect, Marine Engineer or experience as Chief Engineer. Technical degree will be considered; University degree is preferred.
- Minimum 6 years of related experience
- Language: English and French Speaking / Writing proficiency required
- Technical competencies: DNV GL or other class society qualifications as class & statutory surveyor; ISM, MLC and ISPS auditor
- Behavioral competencies: Team player but able to work independently on surveys/audits.
- Travel requirement (% of the year) 25%
- Physical abilities necessary to perform regular functions of the job: Climbing pilot ladders & in/out of tanks and confined spaces; crew boat launches in various local climate conditions.
Local employment terms
Opportunities Beyond BusinessOur mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdfPlease visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!