MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking a Senior Systems Administrator for a permanent full-time position. The Senior Systems Administrator will be responsible for the network and server infrastructure, as well as technical support of business applications for clients with diverse requirements.
The IT Systems Administrator must ensure high availability of all critical systems and network infrastructure through the use of monitoring and support tools.
- Catered lunches.
- Benefits coverage.
- Room for advancement.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Positive and professional culture.
What You'll Do:
- Administration of corporate IT infrastructure, including firewalls, network switches, physical and virtual servers and network storage devices
- Administration of VMware vSphere 5.5
- Manage Active Directory, Office 365 and hosted MS Exchange
- Ensure data protection and recoverability for all supported systems
- Manage corporate backup (Veeam)
- Server installation, maintenance, updates, documentation and support
- Business application installation, maintenance, updates, documentation and support
- Monitor IT systems and respond to the security or usability concerns
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests
- Create and update documentation for all IT related systems
- Participate in 24/7 on-call support for system availability and client support
- Must work independently and in a group to manage full scope of responsibilities with minimal supervision
What You Bring:
- Experience in corporate IT systems administration
- Relevant Post-Secondary degree
- 5+ years experience with Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 Server and Active Directory
- 5+ years experience with VMware vSphere 5.5
- 3+ years experience with enterprise level backup (experience with Veeam backup is a plus)
- 3+ years experience with Office 365 and hosted MS Exchange
- 3+ years experience managing corporate firewall (experience with Fortinet firewall is a plus)
- 3+ years experience managing corporate network switches (experience with Cisco Nexus switches is a plus)
- 3+ years managing ESXi hosts (experience with Cisco UCS servers is a plus)
- 3+ years experience with NAS storage (experience with NetApp, Nimble Storage is a plus)
- Experience working with Linux server operating systems is a plus
- Work experience with a company delivering 24x7x365 worldwide services is a plus
- Fast learner with the ability to work independently and collaboratively while knowing when to ask for help
- Driven to conquer challenges with a can-do attitude
- Excellent communication skills
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is a recruitment and solutions firm that specializes in the fields of Information Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance.
We offer unrivaled expertise with a team that has many years of experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. Our recruitment consultants work in specific vertical markets and our passion is building great connections, creating strong opportunities, and delivering that perfect match.
For additional opportunities and relevant news feed, please VISIT us at http://www.matchboxhr.com and FOLLOW MatchBox on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment