The Senior Systems Analyst is key in maintaining operational excellence of live business systems by mentoring team members and directly supporting end users with appropriate urgency and priority, and in designing and developing new system functionality to suit Seaspan’s growing needs.
A leader in presence and technical aptitude, the Senior SA has a strong bias for service excellence, team collaboration, and maintaining and proactively updating systems that ensure strong user adoption and business outcomes.
- First, and foremost, ensures business system operational excellence by working independently or with other teams including vendors to resolve production issues, and by identifying trends or root cause behaviours for recurring application issues or integration errors.
- Possesses in-depth systems knowledge by studying business functions and current practices.
- Serving as a liaison between the functional stakeholders, business analysts and technical resources, translates business and functional requirements into technology solutions.
- As a Subject Matter Expert in the business function and system that you support, establish a strong super user community and perform in a lead role when developing new system functionality, and delivering system upgrades or enhancements.
- Consistently provides stellar end-user support by achieving impeccable service levels and maintaining strong relationships through incident resolution, request prioritization and delivery, system user training, and process change management.
- Actively and regularly develops artifacts such as Functional Requirements, Systems Diagrams, Interface Documentation, Workflow Charts, Incident Reports, and Troubleshooting Knowledge Articles.
- Leads, executes and liaises with appropriate individuals for testing new functionality including development of test strategy and test scripts; secures and coordinates testing resources, compiles test completion metrics for test script execution.
- Consistently demonstrates excellence in the execution and documentation of work showing a balance of technical expertise, business acumen, and communication with senior business leaders.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities by initiating and leading process improvements; advocates for positive change, demonstrates by doing, and coaches others.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or completion of a Post-secondary Diploma in Computer Science.
- A minimum of 6-8 years’ related work experience (systems analysis, application development and support, operations support, service desk) with proven ability to lead a technical team through a process and systems change.
- Demonstrated experience in both on-premise and SaaS applications development and support for at least one core operations process such as order to invoice, procure to pay, product lifecycle management, material resource planning, or manufacturing.
- Extensive experience with developing and maintaining interfaces for both on-premise and SaaS applications.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- As a natural leader, fosters a friendly, team-oriented workplace where employees work safely and productively together.
- With a passion for service excellence and business enablement, proven ability to deliver on work products that provide measureable business benefit.
- A detailed understanding of how the business works, and continually develops business acumen through learning and training.
- Expert knowledge of troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge and technical expertise with enterprise level systems (e.g. order to invoice, dispatch).
- Working technical knowledge of programming languages and relational databases, such as .Net, Java, C#, SharePoint, Oracle and SQL Server.