Summary of Responsibilities
As part of a multidisciplinary team on the on the Canadian Surface Combatant Project (CSC), you will be a member of the G&C deployed team on site in Halifax. You will interact directly with all client levels as required by the client, and be responsible for generating innovative solutions to complex engineering challenges associated with a fresh multinational workforce developing a new naval combatant. Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide on-site Systems Engineering technical support to the CSC project.
- Establishing and ensuring compliance of systems engineering requirements flowdown to the project, including various international standards, Canada standards, corporate standards and CSC project standards.
- Interact directly with all CSC client levels, including engineering, project management, Canada PMO and CSC Subcontractors for CDRL and SDRL development and compliance with contract technical requirements.
- Responsible for changes and maintenance of the CSC Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP) deliverable.
- Responsible for obtaining concurrence with stakeholders in development of a cohesive, coordinated SEMP to be implemented across contract team partners, including PMO, and subcontractors
- Responsible for the client oversight in the development of the CSC Ship Design Summary Report. Coordinate Subcontractor technical efforts for inputs to the CSC Ship Design Summary Report and inform PMO of Report status thru weekly and quarterly meetings and workshops.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders and subject matter experts to determine and document Systems Engineering processes and the alignment of processes between CSC Project industry and government team member.
- Participate in Systems Engineering IPTs and working groups to ensure CSC technical needs and customer needs are met.
- Promote positive Safety and Environmental Culture within the Project.
- Support a culture of collaboration, enthusiasm and a proactive nature within the Project.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Active Secret Security Clearance.
- BS Degree in Systems Engineering, or other technical degree
- Be a role model for professional behavior.
- PE or EIT is a plus
- Experience with Naval Surface Combatant design or construction is a plus
- 8 (+) Years of professional engineering and technical management experience.
- Excellent Oral, Written and Presentation Skills.
- Strong Time Management and Organization Skills as an Independent Contributor.
- Demonstrated Interpersonal Skills as a member of a Collaborative multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for both team and client
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
General Position Requirements:
- Travel: 50% or greater to Halifax, NS
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.