SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Job Description to be posted including Qualifications and Responsibilities: Irving Shipbuilding Inc., located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company’s primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense.
As a Senior Systems Engineer you will be responsible for a variety of modelling, simulation and model based system engineering activities for the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) project. This will include developing and maintaining plans for choosing and employing models within the project, working with subcontractors to verify and validate models for use, and creating the framework for using simulation within the project to aid in design decisions and technical risk management. You will also aid the model based system engineering (MBSE) effort by assisting engineering teams in using models to describe the ship design and provide traceability to requirements satisfaction and verification of the design. Working collaboratively in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment, you will provide guidance and advice to subcontractor teams on using models, simulation and MBSE in support of engineering processes within the design and development environment. You will aid the subcontractor in validating models for use and assist the technical tools coordinator in maintaining a database of current models used in the project.
- Developing plans for how models will be used in aid of the ship design
- Creating a framework for the verification and validation of models
- Aid in the creation of a whole of ship model consisting of various physics based and 3D ship based models to aid in the validation of the CSC design
- Assist in the development of land based simulators for the ship
- Assist in maintaining information of the current suite of models
- Develop plans, procedures and processes as required in support of program requirements
- Provide accurate status reports on assigned activities to the Manager Cybersecurity
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal (Shipyard Production, CSC Program, Combat System and Platform Engineering personnel) and external stakeholders (subcontractors and Canadian government representatives)
- Support a culture of teamwork, enthusiasm and proactive behavior within the Combat Systems team
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in an Engineering Discipline, Computer Science, Math, Physics or equivalentMinimum of 5 years in the following areas:
- Developing and utilizing models and simulation in a design environment
- Developing and utilizing models in support of a shipbuilding project
- Developing models for use in a system verification activity
- MBSE model architecture development
- Using MBSE tools such as Doors, MagicDraw (No Magic) or Sparx EA
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
For further details, please contact Emily Snow at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.