The IBM – Resource on Demand Team is seeking a Sr. Systems Quality Assurance Lead for a contract opportunity in the Ottawa area.
Nice to have:
The Sr. Systems Quality Assurance Lead Service Provider will provide quality assurance leadership, as well as perform manual testing, to ensure the delivered solution meets the technical specifications and design requirements. The role may participate in the test automation effort to support other test engineers.
- Plans, coordinates and oversees activities related to the Quality Assurance activities for enterprise information systems
- Provides technical guidance on major upgrades to enterprise applications
- Conduct project risk identification and mitigation action planning with the team
- Assist team in project coordination of technology team (system analysts and infrastructure analysts)
- Work with Continuous Delivery team on promoting the use of and adoption of test automation
- Leads the provision of expertise for the complex elevated technical support issues including solution lifecycle management
- Promptly escalate issues, which affect product delivery and quality that are beyond scope of influence and report same to reporting manager
- Conduct system wide requirement analysis and design
- Canadian Federal Government Security Clearance – Enhanced Reliability Status or higher
- Understand the functional and technical aspects of the application to be tested (Azure API, web application, integration services like Biztalk or LogicApps) through stories, network topology, data flow diagrams, data contracts, etc.
- Review stories and request clarifications as needed until clear and testable
- Provide testing estimates
- Write test strategy and test plan
- Define and prioritize the test cases to be covered
- Identify the test cases to be automated
- Identify, assign and follow-up on testing prerequisites completion
- Write detailed test cases in Microsoft Azure DevOps (ADO) with feature/story traceability
- Execute manual tests in ADO
- Coordinate integration testing, UAT and production deployment testing
- Make sure testing results are timely populated in ADO and maintain testing dashboards
- Make sure bugs are reported and follow-up on resolution and retest.
- Monitor status of schedules automated tests execution in all environments
- Provide accurate and detailed weekly task reports
- Conduct configuration and team management of own work
- Mentor junior team members with the assistance of PM/Architect
Nice to have:
- Object-oriented programming skills
- Knowledge of Enterprise Integration patterns
- Knowledge of BizTalk