The QNX Technical Publications Team is looking for a technical writer to create high-quality written material that makes it easier for customers to develop software using QNX products. QNX products are designed for embedded systems running in cars, medical devices, railway control applications, and a variety of other safety-critical and mission-critical environments.
You will join a team of senior technical writers (in an engineering organization) responsible for documenting our products, including QNX operating systems, QNX software development tools, and QNX middleware.
The ideal candidate is attentive to detail, experienced writing documentation for developers of embedded systems, and interested in learning about new technologies as well as the people who rely on them.
- Writes user guides, programming guides, reference guides, technical notes, and release notes.
- Provides helpful, illustrative examples for the engineers who depend on them.
- Gathers information from source code, design documents, standards, and engineers.
- Collaborates with product managers to set and meet requirements.
- Interacts with technical project managers to set and meet project schedules.
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Proven track record and up-to-date on best practices in the field.
- Familiar with information architecture, markup languages, source version control, problem reporting, and continuous integration.
- Software readability (C, C++).
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent.
To your advantage:
- Experience with complex systems.
- Expertise in content discovery, best practices for search, and user experience design.
- Experience with setting up, maintaining, or redefining documentation toolchains.
Job Family Group Name:Product Development
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40