Listen to this brief interview with Michael Colgan, General Supervisor, Transit Systems Engineering & Maintenance, as he describes the fascinating projects you'll be a part of as a Senior Traction Power Engineer.
You have the ability and the forum to make an impact on a daily basis
by improving the reliability and safety for passengers riding the LRT.
You have a strong working knowledge of Traction Power systems
and can lead staff and contractors in maintenance and ongoing improvements to this key system.
The Engineering and Maintenance Section of the Edmonton Transit Services Branch is looking for a Senior DC Traction Power Engineer who will be responsible for the management, administration, and provision of engineering, technical support, maintenance and capital replacement/upgrade services for LRT traction power system infrastructure. You will also be supporting other areas of the City in the ongoing expansion of the LRT system, managing and providing engineering support to various contractors who provide preventative maintenance and repair services for the LRT signalling system.
- Enhance the safety, reliability, and operational efficiency of the traction power system by initiating designs and implementing modifications or upgrades to the substations, overhead catenary, and power distribution subsystems
- Develop and manage the preventative maintenance programs, as well as develop and administer various construction and service contracts
- Perform life cycle analysis and monitor LRT traction power system Infrastructure to achieve optimum safety and service levels
- Manage and coordinate capital projects. Identify and prioritize investments in the existing infrastructure to ensure the LRT traction power system continues to serve LRT operations in a safe, efficient, and reliable manner
- Effectively plan and manage human and capital resources to promote a service focused culture, improved performance, and safety and wellness in the workplace
- Identify and submit operating and capital budget requirements and assist in managing the budgets approved for the traction power system area
- Develop procedures, standards, and practices for LRT Operations, maintenance, consultants and contractors to ensure smooth functioning of the LRT traction power system and prepare various specifications, professional reports and correspondence both internal and public