Global Vision. Local Focus.
Things really are different here. A career with HSBC in Canada is truly an experience that few financial service organisations can match. Here you will find yourself inspired and supported by colleagues whose daily responsibilities cross time zones, continents and cultures. You will be motivated to aim for your highest aspirations, and enjoy the rewards of belonging to a diverse and growth-driven culture.
Canada is a priority market for HSBC. We remain focused on growing customers locally with our unique products, and we offer a full suite of solutions developed from our global connectivity and network. HSBC has the institutional strength, capacity and commitment to support our Canadian client’s requirements here and around the world. Employees who thrive at HSBC are service focused, entrepreneurial and driven. They show collaborative spirit and a quest for continuous improvement, while having the industry expertise and business acumen to deliver.
About HSBC Operations, Services & Technology (HOST)
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology provides essential operational services, IT and technical support to help HSBC function effectively and improve our customer service. HOST is made up of Global Operations, IT, COO Office, Corporate Real Estate and Global Procurement.
Global Operations is responsible for activities including:
- Managing the day-to-day transactions of our Retail Banking and Wealth Management business
- Running operations for our Commercial Banking business and supporting our Global Private Banking and Global Banking and Markets businesses to serve customers across their global networks
- Simplifying the way we run HSBC, introducing automation to reduce workload and costs and improve the experience of customers
- Helping to drive change for the bank’s global businesses and functions, for the benefit of HSBC and our customers
A Day in the Life of a French Senior Translator/Reviewer (English to French - Boucherville Office) includes the following:
Assists department lead in ensuring accurate and timely French translation and review of assigned materials. Materials might be required, by regulation or otherwise, for internal and external purposes and submitted by internal clients. Role assumes primary responsibility for translation, review and final sign-off on complex and specialized documents
- Translate and manage complex HBCA projects as well as documents of confidential nature.
- Act as Reviewer for complex or specialized materials by reviewing and editing translated material done by in-house translators and outside agencies and provide final sign-off.
- Act as primary contact on translation matters related to main domain of expertise to in-house translators and outside agencies, and assist them in establishing the appropriate terminology.
- Assist HSBC departments/senior management in complying with the HSBC French language requirements.
- Provide guidance/feedback to the Translators with translation and proofreading tasks.
- Contribute to overall efficiency of the department.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- 10 to 15 years of working experience as a Translator in a relevant translation field (e.g., Banking, Finance or other) with a minimum of 5 years experience handling complex and specialized materials.
- Sound knowledge of translation techniques and practices acquired through university accreditation (Certificate or Bachelor specialized in translation) and through solid experience in the Canadian Banking Industry.
- Sound ability to review / proofread or rewrite colleague’s and outside translator’s material for accuracy of content, terminology, grammar and spelling, etc.
- Good knowledge of the products and services offered by HBCA. Good knowledge of the nature of the business of the Bank and its subsidiary units, and the lexicon of each.
- Proven ability to perform duties independently, efficiently and quickly.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet severe deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and to set priorities.
- Ability to communicate with customers of other departments and subsidiaries as well as work with outside agencies and vendors.
- Working knowledge of pertinent software used by HBCA and of a translation memory tool.
- Full written and verbal fluency in French and English required.
In 2016, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine for the fifth consecutive year.
Here are some of the reasons why:
- Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity: Opportunities to network and build global relationships
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make
Learn more about HSBC
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. HSBC Group - one of the world’s largest banking and financial services with assets of US%242,522bn at 31March 2018. Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.