Dillon is an established, employee-owned professional consulting firm at the intersection of planning, management, engineering, and environmental science. With 20 offices and more than 900 employees across Canada, Dillon offers a wide range of services related to building and improving facilities and infrastructure, protecting the environment, and developing communities.
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Senior Transportation Engineer/Project Manager.
Successful candidate could work from any of our Canadian offices.
- Management of transportation engineering team activities and support to project managers/technical staff in the delivery of multidisciplinary projects across the company
- Development of technical expertise on a variety of transportation engineering projects, including transportation master plans, environmental assessments, detailed design and construction phase services
- Liaison with multidisciplinary project teams (including transportation, municipal and structural engineers, transportation systems planners, planners, environmental scientists, technical support staff, etc.)
- Management and delivery of stakeholder consultation programs and municipal council and agency presentations
- Development of client relationships and new business opportunities
- Contribution to the career development of more junior staff, including technical direction, training recommendations, coaching and mentoring
- Contributions to Dillon’s corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees
- Business travel to other Dillon offices upon request
- A degree in civil or transportation engineering
- Licensed to practice as a professional engineer in Ontario, or eligible to be licensed within six months
- A minimum of 10 years' professional experience, preferably in the consulting industry
- Proven leadership and business development capabilities
- Proven experience in environmental assessment, preliminary and detailed design of municipal and provincial transportation facilities
- Demonstrated abilities in the leadership of multidisciplinary projects and teams
- Exceptional abilities in project management
- In-depth understanding of business issues associated with consulting engineering and planning
- Experience in the geometric design of highways, municipal roads and intersections
- Proven skills in public and agency consultation
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) skills are essential
Dillon offers competitive salaries, health benefits and a generous retirement savings plan.