Premier Group of Companies (Premier Marine/Premier Canada) is a leader in the Specialty Insurance industry. Our people are committed to performance, positive outcomes, and career development that lead to mutual success for our organization and its clients. If you believe in a job well done, then consider the following:
DEPARTMENT/LOCATION: Personal Lines, Vancouver
POSITION: Senior Underwriter (Personal Lines)
In this position you will underwrite and service our Personal Lines business in Canada, with a mandate to grow, and to develop and maintain exceptional working relationships with our brokers. The incumbent should be an adept communicator to confidently respond to and resolve broker inquiries, and someone who is capable of making operational decisions with autonomy within your level of authority.
- Working towards or willingness to obtain CIP
- Minimum of 3 plus years of personal lines underwriting (high net worth experience is preferred)
- Minimum level 1 insurance license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to select, underwrite and manage specialized personal lines (including high net worth) accounts
- Excellent awareness and understanding of the marketplace
- Sound knowledge of broker/insurance company relationships and the ability to apply this to the Underwriting of an account
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Founded in 1989, Premier Group is Head quartered in Vancouver, with branch locations in Toronto, London, Cambridge, Laval, San Diego, Maryland and a subsidiary company with offices in Seattle and Santa Rosa. With over 160 employees, Premier Group of Companies includes Premier Canada, Premier Marine, and Oceanic. Visit our website for more information on our company and the various specialty insurance products we offer - www.premiergroup.ca
When you join Premier, you launch a career. We work with you to develop your skills and talents to their fullest potential, exposing you to a broad range of assignments and continuous learning opportunities in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
We offer you a comprehensive benefit plan, offering exceptional medical, dental, and vision care; life insurance; etc.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume outlining their qualifications to email@example.com . We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.