Client ID: 266579
Senior UNIX Administrator
On behalf of our client, Procom is seeking a Senior UNIX Administrator for a 7 month contract position in North York, Toronto, ON.
Senior UNIX Administrator Job Details
A Senior UNIX Administrator is required to provide technical expertise in the installation, configuration, patching and the operational support of complex and highly available (24/7) Solaris & RHEL hosts/platforms
Working as part of the Data Center Operations (DCO) UNIX team, the UNIX Administrator will:
- Proactively monitor and review daily the Solaris & RHEL platforms to validate, OS performance, resourcing and system availability, review system logs for system reported problems, taking corrective action where required.
- Utilizing ITIL processes and tools, track and resolve complex Solaris & RHEL operating systems incidents, implement in alignment with Service Level Agreement. Engage the vendor where required to develop action plans to ensure prompt resolution. Lead the resolution of complex Solaris & RHEL issues engaging and communicating with the client as required.
- Provide technical expertise and support in the configuration, optimizing and performance tuning of Solaris and RHEL platforms.
- Utilizing ITIL Change Management processes and ITIL tool Remedy, assess, create and execute assigned CRQs. To deploy, configure, install, patch, and upgrade Solaris & RHEL Hosts, VMs, PLDOM, GLDOM, LDOM, Containers and Zones.
- Provide on-call and after hours support for CRQ and incident resolution.
- Create support configuration documentation as required.
Senior UNIX Administrator Mandatory Skills
RHEL Administration Skills and Experience
- 5-9 years of technical experience and administration with RHEL Ver. 5.x, 6.x & 7.x including: the installation, configuration, provisioning of VMs, creating snapshots & clones at the VMware level; the tuning, monitoring trouble shooting, patching and upgrading of the host platform.
- 5-9 years technical experience with: both bare-metal installs of RHEL and VMware-based RHEL VM’s. Re-platform experience from RHEL v5.x to RHEL v6.x/v7.x. Installing middleware components onto RHEL systems.
- 5-9 years’ experience, developing and executing RHEL upgrades and patching, utilizing Red Hat Satellite and recovery methods such as snapshots and clones at the VMware level; the backup/restore of physical RHEL host install.
Solaris Administration Skills and Experience
- 5-9 years of technical experience and administration with: Solaris 10 & 11 including: the installation, configuration, tuning, monitoring trouble shooting, patching and provisioning of PLDOM, GLDOM, LDOM, Containers and Zones.
- Strong experience and understanding of Oracle SPARC hardware components and Solaris IPS repository.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills related to Solaris LDOM/Container start-up issues, performance degradations, disk space expansion, CPU and memory assignment changes etc.
- 5-9 years’ experience, developing and executing Solaris upgrades and patching, utilizing recovery methodologies and roll-back techniques such as Alternate Boot Environments.
- 5-9 years’ experience, administering, configuring, assigning and managing Solaris storage and associated LUNS within the host and associated LDOMS etc.
- The administration and implementation of local account management and integration with centralized systems such as Active Directory.
Senior UNIX Administrator Length
7 months contract
Senior UNIX Administrator Location
North York, Toronto, ON
Senior UNIX Administrator Start Date
ASAP Jan 2019