At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder Associates Ltd. is currently seeking an experienced Senior Water Resources Engineer to join Golder's global Mining Business in our Mississauga office. You will serve as a practice leader, providing water management and civil engineering services related to mining and civil/geotechnical projects. You will be a key contributor within Golder's North America Mine Water Division and will work closely with other mining technical leaders in delivering integrated engineering solutions.
As a Senior Water Resources Engineer you will expand our Mine Water business by leading and reviewing technical studies, developing and implementing water management solutions, and mentoring technical teams. This role requires demonstrated experience and expertise in mining, surface water management, civil engineering and design, and the ability to integrate water-related aspects of mining projects, including groundwater studies, water quality assessments, water treatment design, and geotechnical studies. You will grow Golder's business by collaborating with Golder colleagues on new opportunities and in response to Golder client requests, and through your network of existing mining industry contacts.
Your role and responsibilities will include:
- Growing Golder mine water services provided to internal and external mining clients; expanding our business by delivering technical solutions.
- Participating in a wide range of engineering and mining projects, from conceptual water management planning, to detailed designed of water infrastructure and construction oversight.
- Providing technical expertise related to hydrologic assessments, site-wide and tailings impoundment water balances, options assessments for water management infrastructure, hydraulic and streamflow evaluations, hydraulic modelling and dam breach assessment.
- Leading feasibility and detailed design of water management infrastructure, including specifications and construction oversight.
- Delivering complex scopes of work involving technical designs and reviews, and collaboration with other technical leads responsible for geotechnical and environmental components.
- Serving as a Qualified Professional in relevant jurisdictions for assessments, studies, designs, and recommendations where required for regulatory purposes.
- Providing local leadership and mentoring to an established mine water management team, and interacting and collaborating with other senior leaders in the business.
- Leading and contributing to proposals and opportunity management, including frequent interaction with clients as the face of Golder.
- Developing and sustaining positive business relationships and offering innovative solutions to clients through business development initiatives.
As a Senior Water Resources Engineer you will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or similar, with experience in water resources management and assessments related to hydrology, hydraulic structures, erosion protection, closure landform design and detailed design of water control and conveyance facilities
- Demonstrated experience in consulting and the mining industry, within North America as well as internationally
- Knowledge of the water management requirements of the mining industry and the relevant regulations
- Professional engineering designation in the relevant jurisdiction(s)
- Proven track record of developing and strengthening client relationships, and managing business relationships
- Minimum 15 years' experience in surface water management projects; 5 years of mining experience
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving, mentoring, writing and people skills
- High degree of motivation, strategic planning, and self-starting capability
- Natural leader with the ability to motivate and lead by example
- Committed to technical excellence and ability to write proposals and technical reports
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.