Overview / Responsibilities
As a part of our continued growth, our Winnipeg office has an outstanding opportunity for a Senior Water Resources Engineer. We are seeking candidates who have completed a Civil Engineering program with an emphasis on water management, preferably with at least 15 years of experience related to water resources.
As part of the Water Resources team, the successful candidate will be a business developer and senior technical resource with a mandate to build a water resources group in the Winnipeg office. You will be involved in a variety of projects including rural and urban open channel drainage, storm water management and the analysis of hydraulic systems. Other areas of analysis include studies designed to identify and mitigate flood risk, computation of relevant parameters for transportation projects and providing input into environmental impact studies. This will require some experience in hydraulic and hydrologic modeling.
The successful candidate will be in a mentorship role in terms of technical ability, business development and project management. They will also demonstrate a willingness to learn, pay attention to details and exercise their organizational skills. The suitable candidate will enjoy working in a team environment and bring strengths in oral and written communication.
It is expected that every member of the team will take an active role in representing Wood Environment and Infrastructure Solutions. You will be expected to build business relationships with clients and partnerships with in-house clients. You will also have the opportunity of working with other offices across Canada on a project basis.
Skills / Qualifications
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication, as well as presentation skills
- Registered with, or eligible for registration, as a P.Eng. with Engineers and Geoscientists of Manitoba
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in water resources, with considerable experience on project work in Canada particularly in the Prairie region
- Experience as a Project Manager or Team Leader for water resources projects
- Experience leading large multidisciplinary projects
- Able to conduct hydrologic analyses in northern climates, preferably in Manitoba
- Experience in mine hydrology is an asset
- Drainage design – site, highway and bridge deck drainage and rural flood control as well as storm water ponds, major system and control structures
- Hydraulic structure design – culverts, drop structures and other control structures
- River engineering – revetments, erosion control and river training
- Computer software experience:- HEC-HMS, ,HEC-RAS, MIKE 11, MIKE Flood, both steady-state and dynamic, including dam breach, ArcGIS and AutoCAD
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.