At Best Buy Canada, we believe empowered people and teams make smarter, faster, and more creative decisions. Our eCommerce department is a truly Agile environment, where the distance between any one person and senior leadership is microscopic. Here, you’ll work on something big, small, or super cool and before you can blink 100,000 people will see it. You’ll create fast, learn fast, and develop fast. Oh, and sometimes you’ll fail fast too. That’s ok. (Honestly.) It’s all part of the process.
The SEO Specialist has a proven track record of driving results to grow online visibility, organic search traffic and conversion. As a member of the Search Engine Optimization Team, you will help optimize the Best Buy Canada website while working closely with other departments to educate and ensure best practices are implemented. If you\'re passionate about organic search algorithms and white-hat tactics, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Execute SEO strategies to acquire new customers while successfully achieving ROI goals within the Canadian eCommerce market
- Perform targeted and thorough keyword & content research
- Optimize site copy before it goes live for Best Buy\'s content including category overviews, buying guides, brand stores, marketing pages, blogs, and feature articles
- Manage local SEO for 192 stores across Canada
- Complete regular reporting and competitor analysis
- Keep up to date on SEO changes and best practices
- Collaborate with Agile teams and provide SEO recommendations
What you’ll need to succeed:
- You have 2+ years of SEO experience under your belt, with results to show for it.
- You know your way around MS Office Suite, and can navigate Excel like a pro.
- Experience with Adobe Analytics & enterprise SEO tools a plus.
Our goal is work-life harmony for every employee. Don’t feel like driving to work each day? Hop on our free shuttle service that runs between our head office and the SkyTrain at Metrotown. Can’t find the time to work out as much as you’d like? Hit the treadmill, stationary bike, or weight room in our 24-hour on-site gym staffed by professional trainers. No time to pack a lunch or make breakfast? Our fully catered (and partially subsidized!) cafeteria serves everything from eggs benny and French toast, to fresh-made sandwiches, stir fry, pasta, entrées, and more!
We also believe an amazing work-life harmony includes continual learning and growth… on company time. That’s why everyone in our eCommerce and IT departments has their own professional career coach, career development plan, and access to a series of in-house development seminars.
There’s more, too:
- Competitive benefits, including a variety of options for extended health, dental, and life insurance
- Registered Pension Plan where the company matches your contributions, dollar for dollar
- Employee stock purchase plan, with the company matching up to 5% of your eligible contributions
- Significant employee discounts both in-store and online
- Coffee bar that serves Starbucks and Seattle’s Best Coffee
- Easy access to riverside trails and parks when you need to unplug and take a break
- Free parking in our lot and loads of free street parking in the area
- On-site dry cleaning drop off and pick up service
- Opportunity to participate in regular hackathons and other company-wide events
If this sounds like a perfect fit, we want to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter to apply. Best Buy Canada is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, race, or sexual orientation.