We are excited to share an exciting announcement: Acrodex Inc. will officially rebrand as PCM Canada, a subsidiary of PCM Inc. Backed by PCM’s extensive North American capabilities and resources, we now take an important step forward with plans to grow our reach across Canada, bolster our service catalog, and improve delivery efficiencies. PCM Canada customers stand to benefit from deepened relationships with vendors and from a strategic partnership with sister company, Stratiform.
Working at PCM Canada
PCM Canada supports clients in reaching their business goals. PCM Canada is an exciting and rewarding place to work for both IT and business professionals. We strive to provide the highest standard of service, while leveraging the latest technology. The deep, long-lasting relationships with our loyal clients are a testament to our award-winning and industry recognized people and processes.
Here at PCM Canada, we've built an environment that is fast-paced and dynamic; constantly evolving to the changing technology industry. Our innovative approach promotes consistent growth and expansion that have created numerous career and advancement opportunities. This is echoed in our all of our internal practices as PCM Canada provides its employees with the latest training, programs and devices needed to complete their jobs to the best of their abilities.
Kick-start your IT career by joining our PCM family
PCM Canada has delivered the right technology to clients for over 30 years. Over the decades, PCM Canada has partnered with top technology brands like Apple, HP, Dell, Microsoft and Cisco to offer our customers the best IT solutions available on the market. This success wouldn't be possible without the dedicated, motivated PCMers that make up our growing family.
We offer a full benefits program which includes Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Short and Long Term Disability, Extended HealthCare (including a Vision Care program), and Dental care. We also follow a comprehensive workplace health and safety program to ensure our employees are given the most comfortable and productive work environment possible.
About the Company
PCM Canada, is a full spectrum, enterprise-wide technology solutions provider that has been in the IT business since 1984. We deliver end-to-end IT solutions to clients across Canada, such as application innovations; systems integration services; hardware and software procurement services; and managed services (computer facilities management, application management, support/help desk and life cycle management services, etc.). With 600 IT professionals and support staff, we deliver quality service from our office locations in Edmonton, Calgary, Fort McMurray, Richmond Hill, Markham, Etobicoke, Winnipeg, and Vancouver.
Job Title: Server Analyst lll (Linux Adminstrator)
Business Unit: Managed & Technical Services
Reports to (Title): Practice Lead, Server and Messaging
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager, the Senior Linux Server Analyst is responsible for overall server administration, and will function as the expert and primary resource for support and maintenance of a growing Linux Server environment. This candidate will participate as a subject matter expert for the implementation of various projects at the client site. Responsibilities include operational/ project support and providing operational excellence to the customer.
1. Work as a member of the service delivery team to provide operational support of the heterogeneous server environment at a client site.
2. Provide Technical expertise to projects
3. Correct technical problems within defined Service Level Agreements
4. Analyze root cause and permanently correct.
5. Document incidents.
6. Perform server checks prior to server deployment to the network.
7. Configure and maintain server systems using industry best practices
8. Monitor server performance.
9. Replace hardware as needed.
10. Minimize risk to the business by monitoring potential hardware failures and employing appropriate mitigation.
11. Ensure servers are backed up according to business needs.
12. Devise and implement solutions that enhance monitoring capabilities or automate manual processes.
13. Follow defined change management process.
14. Transfer technical knowledge to others.
15. Able to work with a flexible schedule
16. Ability to participate in an on-call rotation
17. Establish strong relationships with the client as the first contact for server operations support.
18. Understands and demonstrates the willingness to promote Acrodex’s vision and values
1. Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree preferred or related experience
2. 5+ years’ experience with RedHat Enterprise Linux, Oracle Unbreakable Linux
3. Current Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) Certification
4. HP Hardware Support and Tools (Operations Manager, System Insight Manager)
5. Extensive Scripting Experience (PERL, BASH, VB Script)
6. Microsoft Server 2003, 2008 Experience and/or certifications an asset.
7. Microsoft SQL Server and Database Administration experience an asset.
8. Able to work within a team and when required independently with minimal supervision
Handling maximum of 21-50 lbs.
20- 50 lbs. (occasional) – low level lifting
20- 50 lbs. (frequent) - waist level lifting
20-50 lbs. (rare) – above shoulder lifting
20- 50 lbs. (occasional) – front carry
5-20 lbs. (rare) – side carry
Pushing/Pulling (hand carts and dollies)
60-100 lbs. (occasional)
Trunk rotation (rare)
Walking and standing (frequent)
Climbing stairs (occasional)
Hand use (frequent)
As a condition of employment, this job is subject to the successful completion of the following Pre-employment conditions: Reference Checks, Criminal Background Checks and a Driver’s Abstract if required for the role.