In your role as a Service Desk Analyst at The North West Company (NWC) you will provide first level support services to our external store chains as well as internal customers to ensure highest service standards. Your strong leadership, organizational, and time-management skills are exactly what we’re looking for!
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
The North West Company is a leading retailer to underserved rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
- Provide 1st level diagnostic support and solution delivery for POS systems as well as client technology requests and issues;
- Provide 1st level support and triage for Procurement & Marketing as well as Transportation and Logistics requests, and issues across all banners;
- Support centralized communication and coordination for incident/problem management using a standardized process;
- Supply first line support of PC based infrastructure and assist in the identification and resolution of any problems or maintenance issues related to our POS system such as hardware, software, network communications, and data analysis, which are all managed remotely;
- Work closely with technical and non-technical team members to resolve and document technology issues and solutions;
- Assist in the implementation of technology changes, including account setups, account access, and permission changes;
- Provide guidance to employees on operational procedures, such as creating incident tickets or requesting hardware/software;
- Maintain documentation of processes, procedures, and troubleshooting guides; and
- Deliver preventative maintenance and perform system recoveries when necessary.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ prior experience with Windows-based infrastructure in a Helpdesk/Call Center environment;
- Strong technical knowledge of PC operating systems and administration, including Microsoft Windows XP, 7 & 10 in a remote networked environment;
- Previous experience supporting POS applications with knowledge of SMS/ISIS POS and StoreNext ISS45 POS application is an asset;
- Degree or diploma in a computer-related program or equivalent experience, including Windows-based certifications such as MCP or MCSE required;
- Previous customer service experience is an asset;
- Knowledge of retail environment processes considered an asset;
- Superior verbal communication skills, particularly in relaying instructions by telephone with the ability to listen to concerns and present technical solutions in business and user friendly language;
- Strong leadership, organizational and time management skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and;
- Able to work revolving shifts and weekends.
Location: Gibraltar House, 77 Main Street, Winnipeg, MB
Reports To: Manager, Store Connect
Shift: Must have open availability Monday-Friday (7:00 AM- 6:30PM) and occasional weekends (8:30-4:30)
You may include your resume and cover letter together as a single document. Opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization are present. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.