The Service Desk Technician will be based in the Seaspan Head Office in North Vancouver, BC. This position requires 10% travel.
Headquartered in Missoula, Montana, Washington Corporations leads development of efficient, best practice solutions for the common business needs of the Washington Companies, a vibrant group of individual and independently operated entities. Each company displays a unique entrepreneurial spirit that is individually cultured and managed by professional teams, guided by separate Boards of Directors.
The Washington Companies have grown and diversified by focusing on core industries in six primary sectors: rail transportation, marine transportation, construction and mining, heavy equipment sales, aviation technology and real estate development. Our purpose is to reliably provide equipment, technology, service and special expertise that aid our customers in operating more efficiently and profitably. Our companies are headquartered throughout the United States and Western Canada and conduct business internationally.
This role provides direct customer support to a diverse group of users and is a valued contributor of a top tier shared service team. It provides remote service desk solutions to a diverse group of companies such as railroad, ship building, mining and environmental remediation.
As a team member of the Washington Companies enterprise service desk team, the role delivers both local level customer support and enterprise service desk support. Value is centered on service and solutions expertise in the following key areas:
- Computer hardware, software (location specific or global) and peripherals.
- Resolution of desktop or laptop related incidents, service requests, and connectivity issues.
- Identifies opportunities to support employee & business success with IT solutions.
- Serves as a IT tools coach & an internal technology solution advocate to enable business solutions and productivity.
As a trusted service desk team member and advisor to the business, a critical capability is ensuring alignment with Washington Companies IT policies while partnering with the customer on local level business practices & appropriate service desk solutions.
As a part of the service desk distributed workforce team engagement is a critical factor for success. Opinions & contributions are valued and expected.
A key factor for success is starting each day with focus and a sense of belonging with daily team huddles and regular connection with the team, customers and your manager. This role is expected to optimize the various communication methods and channels such as chats, video and other collaboration technologies in addition to regular manager and customer touchbacks to ensure service and goal alignment.
Key service expectations include but aren’t limited to:
- Manages incidents/service requests as per service desk procedures.
- Ensures tickets are updated always until issues are resolved to ensure end user resolutions & SLA compliance.
- Collaborates with business & IT units to understand and evolve, as needed practices, standards and solutions.
- Set up & image computers for new users.
- Manage user accounts & permissions in multiple systems (Active Directory, Exchange, O365, others).
- Assist network systems & telecom team with local equipment support.
- Creates/maintains documentation.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and performs diagnostics, and repairs basic issues with VOIP phone system.
- Local network support hardware/software selection, procurement, setup, installation, configuration, upgrades, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
Education and Experience
- 1 to 3 year service desk support with similar end-use support experience.
- HDI-SCA certification (current or obtained within 6 months of employment).
- Technical certification, such as A+, Network+, or MS certification (current or obtained within 6 months of employment).
- Solid technical & problem-solving skills.
- Ability to listen to understand, foster trust with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to translate business needs into written technical service and support documentation.
- Problem solving expertise with a proven track record of identifying and simplifying technical issues.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, O365.
- Ability to support a core schedule of Monday thru Friday 7 to 4 with flexibility to support travel & occasional after-hours support.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Familiar with ITIL framework and customer service principles would be highly regarded.
- Deliver responsive and proactive activities according to ensure customer engagement and loyalty.
- Experience successfully working in a distributed workforce environment.
- Education: Associates Degree.
- Additional certifications: HDI, ITIL, Microsoft or Cisco certifications.