Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category
Location: Saskatoon, SK, CA
Location details: Saskatchewan Market
Employment type: Undefined term
Country: Canada (CA)
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (CA-SK)
Location details:Saskatchewan Market
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name - people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
Qualifications: A university or technologist degree with major relevance to the position's purpose is preferred however, prior equivalent experience and training will be considered in lieu of formal degree. three (3) years' min. experience as a Manager in service related sales or operations. Must have demonstrated leadership skills, well-developed "people" skills, an understanding of mechanical and electrical principles, good written and verbal communication skills and good PC skills. Prior experience with cranes and industrial Service is a plus. Must have and maintain a good driving record. Must be willing and able to travel for different locations.
The primary responsibility of this position is to direct all aspects of the Operations of the Service Business in a specified Branch and /or multiple location across a District. Achieve the profitable growth by Operational excellence while delivering to our customers the best experience possible. This position reports to the Branch Manager as applicable.
Geographical area of responsibility: As defined by offer letter.
The specific responsibilities for this position may include but not limited to:
- Oversee the execution of the Safety policies and program by providing leadership in safe work practices. Organize, document and report monthly safety meetings. Approve POWRAs while maintaining all safety-related documentation, per company guidelines/PPE.
- Supervise and Manage all aspects of the daily operations by supporting your reports (Service planners, Inspectors and Technicians) to support all service calls, inspections and repairs business.
- Plan/assign/manage field labor hours to maximize profitability and productivity (95%)
- Review margin/performance of service jobs to ensure accurate execution within estimated labor hours and costs etc. Analyze and report to management any significant deviations from original job plans or scope of work changes.
- Support and lead scheduled Inspections and Repairs.
- Respond and Support to emergencies, as needed.
- Provide technical guidance to customers and technicians via telephone support or facilitate contact with appropriate resources to support the need.
- Ensure operative staff perform Safety and Visit reviews.
- Support/guide as/if needed Inside Sales staff in OQ and performing the Service Review
- Track sales leads brought in by field operatives (technicians and inspectors). Take appropriate action/quote emergencies to ensure quick response.
- Resolve customer complaints, within established guidelines, to the satisfaction of the customer and in the best interest of the company. Any unresolved issues should be quickly elevated to the next level of management for prompt resolution.
- Collect warranty information, monitor and report any potential warranty or credit requests to the Branch Manager prior to authorizing work. Communicate status with customer and authorize work/PO, as appropriate, following established guidelines.
- Assist the Branch Manager in establishing training needs and requirements for all field operatives in the branch.
- Oversee larger repairs and projects to ensure successful completion.
- Review and approve technicians' time in MM4 as submitted daily for completeness, accuracy, allocation to the correct job numbers and compliance with company policy.
- Monitor and coordinate the maintenance of company equipment and assets to ensure they are in proper condition and good working order.
- Assist the Branch Manager with conducting spot inspections and audits of the service technicians' equipment and vehicles and record the results.
- Oversee invoicing weekly to meet company sales targets and continuously maintain the open orders report ensuring that the open orders report reflects the current status of active service work.
- Ensure on-call and 24-hour response is available or negotiate other agreeable actions with customers.
- Monitor the credit control list and assist in collection efforts of problem accounts, as needed. Consult district staff prior to delivery of services or materials to accounts outstanding for over 60 days.
- Responsible for all miscellaneous activities within the branch such as shipping/receiving, shop cleanliness, equipment/building maintenance, answering Service calls.
- Maintain company vehicle and uniforms in a clean a presentable manner, if appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
*KC #MONCA #CBCA #NXT
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. . Konecranes, Inc. and its affiliates will not accept resumes from external recruiters or agencies without a Service Agreement and Agency Portal submission. Any resumes sent without a Service Agreement and Agency Portal submission with Konecranes, Inc. are void of any fees and free for internal use. All data protection laws are the responsibility of the agency
- Donation-Matching Program
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Stock Options
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Life Insurance
- Restricted/Deferred Share Units