Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category
Location: Sudbury, ON, CA
Employment type: Undefined term
Location: [[Sudbury]], [[Ontario]]
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name - people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
POSITION TITLE: SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Licensed Electrician Ontario)
REPORTS TO: SERVICE SUPERVISOR/SERVICE MANAGER
Service Technicians provide preventive maintenance.
• Perform maintenance and repairs on electric overhead traveling cranes at varied customer locations, as directed. Be available "on call" as part of service office rotation and provide after hours service, as required.
• Conduct extensive on-site electrical, mechanical and electronic troubleshooting to determine cause for equipment malfunction and establish the necessary repairs utilizing visual inspection, test procedures and appropriate test equipment. Perform a general safety audit prior to completion of work, documenting that all required safety features are functional or documenting deficiencies and attaching a deficiency tag to the crane.
• Document findings and make corrective recommendations to the customer including a written "Safety Summary" of any observed or known safety concerns, if appropriate. Determine customer's intentions to purchase repairs and advise local service office of actions necessary to sell or complete the repairs.
• Consult with customer regarding all repair and safety related issues and discuss recommendations that will assist the customer with improving their material handling applications, prior to leaving job site. Determine items requiring quotation.
• Complete and provide proper checklist and required forms for each service, obtaining the customer's signature on appropriate forms to document acceptance.
• Generate sales leads during service calls and report to service office, following established guidelines.
• Read, understand and apply the contents of all OSHA, ANSI, CMAA, HMI and other codes or regulations pertaining to our industry. Refresh and update knowledge periodically.
• Complete service reports and other required and appropriate documents in a professional, accurate, neat and legible manner and submit same in a timely manner and in accordance with established guidelines.
• Document and track quotations provided to customers (either verbal or written) and submit to service office for follow up and tracking.
• Maintain regular communication with the service office and Service Supervisor, in accordance with established practices.
• Maintain all company issued equipment, vehicle and assets in a safe and proper working order. Operate tools, equipment and vehicles in a safe and responsible manner. Notify supervisor of any deficiencies for resolution.
• Maintain supply of forms, literature, inventory and miscellaneous materials in the service vehicle. Document use or sale to customer, as required.
• Follow all established safety rules and procedures, including those established by the customer.
• Maintain company vehicle and uniforms in a clean and presentable manner.
• Participate in monthly safety meetings.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION: Associate's degree in Industrial Electrical/Mechanical Technology or related field or equivalent vocational/technical training and experience is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Must be an licensed electrician in the province of Ontario. Minimum one (1) year experience involving advanced electrical troubleshooting and mechanical repair. Prior experience with cranes is a plus.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have and maintain a good driving record, including a valid driver's license. Must be willing and able to work off the ground. Must be able to work varied overtime, as required by customer, be available for "on call" as part of the service office rotation and be able to travel and work out of town, on occasion.
Must be able to frequently lift up to 25 lbs. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a daily basis. Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. although not on a daily basis. Must be able to lift 100 lbs. on a rare basis. This position requires frequent climbing, balancing, stooping/crouching, and overhead reaching. This position requires occasional pushing, pulling, kneeling, and crawling. This position will be inside approximately 90% of the time and outside approximately 10% of the time. This position will be frequently exposed to heat, cold, noise and heights.
#MONCA #CBCA #WPS
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance.
- Restricted/Deferred Share Units
- Donation-Matching Program
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Stock Options
- Tuition Reimbursement