Insight is a Fortune 500 global company that continually transforms. It’s a place of tremendous opportunity. At Insight, you have a chance to grow your career and, in doing so, enable transformation of yourself and our clients’ businesses. We provide smart, cutting-edge technology solutions for global organizations of all sizes in four Insight Intelligent Technology™ solution areas: Cloud + Data Center Transformation, Connected Workforce, Digital Innovation and Supply Chain Optimization.
We’re broadening the scope of clients we can serve and are creating bigger opportunities to help businesses run smarter. By acquiring PCM, we add valuable teammates, deep client relationships and industry expertise to expand our global reach and services capabilities.
At a time when customers are increasingly in need of full-service solutions to help them both manage business today and transform it for the future, we continue to make significant investments to distinguish Insight as a provider business can depend on and trust. This acquisition strengthens our position as a super solution integrator — a digital transformation expert with end-to-end capabilities that excels at envisioning, building, deploying and maintaining solutions at scale.
We offer you:
- Competitive base salary;
- Great benefits and employee assistance program;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Great teammates and collaborative work environment;
- An internal event planning committee for activities like laser tag, BBQs, sports teams, etc.;
- Opportunity to give back to community!
Services Technician (Technical Analyst I)
Location: Calgary, AB
The Technical Analyst is responsible for troubleshooting, repair and upgrading of computer equipment. Provides on-site IT Services to clients.
- Provide on-site hardware (Printer, Desktop, Laptop) and technical support to clients
- Analytical reasoning ability to isolate problems, determine solutions
- Provide on-site hardware maintenance services
- Internal support services as directed by Team Lead
- Diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems; and recommends or performs remedial actions to correct problems based on knowledge of system operation.
- Maintains accurate records for service calls completed, travel time and mileage as required.
- Understands and demonstrates the willingness to promote Acrodex’s vision and values
- Handling maximum of 21-50 lbs.
- 20- 50 lbs. (occasional) – low level lifting
- 20- 50 lbs. (frequent) - waist level lifting
- 20-50 lbs. (rare) – above shoulder lifting
- 20- 50 lbs. (occasional) – front carry
- 5-20 lbs. (rare) – side carry
- Pushing/Pulling (hand carts and dollies)
- 60-100 lbs. (occasional)
- Sitting/driving (constant)
- Trunk rotation (rare)
- Crouching/squatting/kneeling/crawling (occasional)
- Walking and standing (frequent)
- Climbing stairs (occasional)
- Hand use (frequent)
As a condition of employment, this job is subject to the successful completion of the following Pre-employment conditions: Reference Checks, Criminal Background Checks and a Driver’s Abstract if required for the role.
Qualifications (Education/Experience/Skills & Abilities)
- Preferred Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Prior A+ Certification an asset, will be required upon hiring
- Hardware Vendor Certifications will be beneficial
- PDI+ Certification will be beneficial
- Minimum 1- 2 years industry experience
- Experience in support role
- Experience in ticketing software will be beneficial
- Takes ownership and responsibility for problem resolution
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to deal effectively with others in a professional manner
- Strong Analytical and organizational ability
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Current Drivers Abstract
- Back Check will be required
- Travel, overnight and afterhour’s requirement for this role.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 6,800 employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter.
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 11,000+ teammates in 19 countries providing Intelligent Technology Solutions for organizations across the globe
- $7.1 billion in revenue in 2018
- Ranked #417 on the 2018 Fortune 500, #12 on the 2018 CRN Solution Provider 500
- 2018 Dell EMC Server Partner of the Year, 2018 Intel Retail Solution Partner of the Year, 2018 Microsoft Worldwide Artificial Intelligence Partner of the Year
- Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology and #5 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2018 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
We believe in teamwork, having fun and achieving success. Be a part of our winning team by joining us and transform how businesses view technology!
Discover more at www.insight.com