The Set Up Machinist will assist Machinists with Large Contour CNC machine set up and machine operation while maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
- Assist in the assembly and delivery of tooling to aid in efficient machine operation.
- Work in a team environment, assisting with setup/operation duties on rush jobs to promote their effective completion.
- Perform all other duties as required to maintain a clean, effective and safe work environment.(i.e. Chip removal from machining area, machine cleaning, etc.)
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the fixturing system utilized in the machining departments.
- Maintain fixturing system and components in proper and safe working condition.
- Assist in performing all required geometry checks at designated intervals.
- Perform setups on multiple machines throughout all departments.
- Assist with machine operation (possibly multiple machines if required) with supervision and instruction.
- Manipulate CAM files to determine the setup details to facilitate independent progress on the setup.
- Demonstrates the ability to notice abnormal conditions in setups and request clarification from Setup Machinist Level 3.
- Must be prepared to work on various shifts with supervision.
- Participate in and support Continuous Improvement and WCM initiatives
- Maintain work area in accordance with the principles of 5S and operate daily within these standards; Ensure work area is kept neat and organized
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abide by all health, safety and environmental rules and regulations, promote safety in the workplace
- Report all accidents/incidents and unsafe conditions/ behavior
- Participate in accident/incident investigation process
- Minimum completion of Grade 12 diploma an asset or equivalent experience
- College diploma / University degree in a technical field, or equivalent experience an asset
- Experience as a setup machinist trainee an asset
- Some exposure and knowledge of CAM software an asset
- A basic understanding of the theory and practical application of machining and machining related procedures is an asset
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel an asset
- Demonstrated ability to effectively solve problems
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Successfull applicant must be available to work any shift as required (days, afternoons, midnights and/or weekends)
Compettive Benefit Package
OT after 40 hours
Shop Uniforms / Safety Shoe Allowance