Koch companies’ Market-Based Management® (MBM®) business philosophy encourages employees to think like owners - an approach that has translated into a firm commitment to environmental stewardship, and the health and safety of employees and neighbours.
Koch-Glitsch is an affiliate of Koch Industries, Inc., one of the largest privately held companies in America according to Forbes magazine. Koch companies have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employ about 100,000 people. Since 2003, the businesses have invested more than $43 billion in acquisitions and capital expenditures.
Koch-Glitsch is a global leader in the design and manufacture of state-of-the-art mass transfer and mist elimination products for the chemical, petrochemical, refining, gas processing, pharmaceutical and specialty industries.
We are currently searching for a talented individual that shares our corporate values and beliefs to fill an immediate full-time requirement in our Uxbridge, Ontario facility.
Shears Operator - Afternoon Shift
Duties & Responsibilities –
- Set up and operate shear machine
- Operate in a safe and compliant manner in accordance with policies
- Analyze specifications and apply knowledge of metal properties, and shop mathematics
- Study blueprint or layout on work piece to visualize pieces required, and plan sequence of operation
- Maintenance and daily cleaning of equipment
- Verify conformance of machined work piece to specifications using precision measuring instruments, such as micrometers, calipers, and various gauges
- Ensure products meet or exceed specifications as part of our Quality program
- Ensure all processes are carried out with the required use of safety controls and PPE
- Ensure proper communication with team members to attain all safety, quality, and production requirements
- Maintain clean and safe work environment
- Will be cross trained in different areas of the shop as required
The ideal candidate has the following experiences and qualifications:
- Minimum of one year experience operating Shears machine
- Must be able to read blueprints and a tape measure and apply basic math skills
- Must have sheet metal experience
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- Strong attention to detail
- Good interpersonal & communication skills
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift, squat and bend with 50 pounds
- Ability to work 10 hours day in a non-climate controlled manufacturing environment
The ideal candidate has the following education and certification:
- Completion of high school education or equivalent
Physical Demands/Unusual /working Conditions
- Ability to work overtime as business demands
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Ability to stand for long persiods
Koch-Glitsch has achieved business success by having employees who act with integrity, focus on compliance excellence and create real long-term value for our customers and society. These principles are part of MBM®, a unique business and management philosophy that sets Koch-Glitsch apart from other companies in its industry. Koch-Glitsch is seeking individuals who share these values and want to be part of a winning team. For more information about Koch-Glitsch, visit our web site atwww.koch-glitsch.com.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a background check.
If you have the above qualifications, we would like to hear from you. We thank all applicants in advance, however advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Koch-Glitsch Canada is committed to creating an inclusive culture across the organization by preventing and removing barriers for persons with disabilities. If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know.