About the company:
Kodiak Installs specialize in the installation of safety and security products in transit vehicles and people mover systems. Working throughout Canada and the United States we have had the privilege of working with, servicing and serving the finest transit companies and system suppliers in North America.
Our team of professional technicians is expanding, and we are currently hiring for the position listed below:
Employer: Kodiak Installs
Position: Installation Technician-Bus Communications
Duration: Full Time
Location of employment: Toronto, ON, Canada
Head office: 101-6527 Maple Street, Vancouver, BC V6P 5P1
Offered Salary: $30.00 per hour–The gross salary paid is subject to applicable Federal and Provincial income taxes and other statutory deductions.
Vacation: Two weeks per year
Hours of Work: 32-40 Hours a week. Overtime applicable at the rate of 1.5 after 44 hours of work per week
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities
- The position is mainly responsible for installing and servicing the communication systems, safety and security products in public transit vehicles.
- Install modems, URLC (universal radio logic controller), IVN (Intelligent Vehicle Network) and communication wiring. IVN supports ethernet, Wi-Fi and cellular connectivity. Ethernet is used to connect IVN to systems on the vehicle such as digital signage, fare boxes, routers/modems, security systems and passenger counters.
- Locate faults by testing the systems installed to see if it’s communicating the location, test emergency situations with the central hub.
- Installation, termination and testing of single/multi-mode ethernet networking and voice cabling.
- Communicate with other workers to co-ordinate the preparation & completion of work assignments.
- Operate computerized testing systems on lines and equipment, determine the nature, cause and location of failures and troubleshoot it.
- Maintain records of all components and updates for the fleet.
- Control inventory and manage damaged equipment.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience for our clients.
- Observe and follow all company Health and Safety rules and policies.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum one year of work experience in installation of telecommunication equipment and cables required.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Weight handling up to 20 lbs required.
How to Apply:
By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org