Employer: 978348 Ontario Inc. O/A Second Cup
Position: Shift Supervisor
Duration: Full Time
Location: 270 The Kingsway, Unit#80, Toronto, Ontario, M9A 3A2
Salary: $17.00-$19.00 per hour. The gross salary paid is subject to all applicable Federal and Provincial income taxes and other statutory deductions.
Other benefits: None; Other than normal employer EI and CPP contributions
Vacation: 4% of the gross salary
Hours of Work: 32-40 Hours a week.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities
- Supervise the activities of the food service staff in preparing and serving food, taking orders and customer service etc.
- Assist in planning and scheduling staff, ensuring adequate coverage to meet the shift needs
- Supervise the preparation of all products in an efficient manner to handle daily requirements, ensure all food is prepared is of highest quality and overproduction is kept to a minimum to avoid waste
- Ensures that all local and national health and food safety codes are maintained, and company safety and security policy are followed.
- Training and developing new/existing team members and motivating and encouraging a team to achieve targets
- Monitor product levels and ensure sufficient inventory to satisfy shift needs
- Ability to delegate and ensures all cleaning and secondary duties are completed
- Promotes a cooperative work climate, maximizing productivity and morale
- Resolve customer complaints and rectify issues to provide highest level of satisfaction.
Specific Job Requirements
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Minimum one year of experience in food preparation or service is required. Supervisory experience will be considered as an asset
- Requires good communication skills, ability to deal with customers and food service employees.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must be able to work any area of the restaurant when needed and to operate a computerized Point of Sale system/cash register. Position requires standing and walking the entire workday.
How to Apply:
By emailing to: email@example.com