Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
This is a permanent full-time staff role based in Halifax, NS.
10+ years relevant production management experience in naval ship new construction
- Completion of relevant College Technical/Vocational Training or extensive shipbuilding experience in lieu of post-secondary credentials.
- Applicants must have strong multi-disciplinary skills and a proven record of managing work in a safe and efficient manner
- Previous experience managing a crew is required.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Management and technical analysis of production, test, and integration processes
- Identify and evaluate shipyard production metrics and contribute to developing technical solutions for production engineering and design challenges
- Provide technical and managerial oversight on board ship by monitoring production processes
- Constantly review allocation of resources and materials to ensure optimal utilization in order to meet schedule and budget requirements
- Weekly status updates on ships progress and direct communication with workforce to meet project schedule
- Ensure compliance with all Company Environmental, Health and Safety policies and identify and suggest changes to promote safety awareness
- Ensure strict adherence to Company quality procedures and policies
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
For further details, please contact Jenna MacDonald at: email@example.com.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.