Nothing beats a solid day’s work.
Nothing except doing a solid day’s work with a motivated team of passionate individuals as you grow your career.
Since 1999, we’ve been providing innovative and affordable canning systems to the world’s small and medium-sized creators of craft beer, cider, wine, cold brewed coffee, kombucha and other life-enhancing beverages. Cask has installed 875+ canning systems in 46 different countries across the world, and now we are looking for a Shipper/Receiver to join our team.
Shipper / Receiver:
As our new Shipper / Receiver, your primary goal is to receive inbound parts, check for accuracy and physically put the parts in the designated locations.
Your ability to work hard and push the pace will be perfect for our fast-paced environment. You’ll assist with inventory and shipping and your teammates can always count on you to support the team and pitch in wherever you can.
Your attention to detail will ensure that our working area is clean and safe. You understand that wherever there is a problem, there is a solution and you are constantly finding new ways to resolve them. This could mean ordering parts or making suggestions on organizing the parts room for easier access.
On a practical level you will:
- Receive inbound parts, unload trucks, check for accuracy and update the tracking system
- Stock and maintain the parts storage area by physically putting parts in their designated locations, either manually or with a forklift
- Assist in inventory management by notifying inventory control personnel when critical parts are running low
- Assist the inventory control personnel with kitting of parts for release to production
- Deliveries and pickups (using ½ ton truck with trailer) when needed
- Assist, on occasion, with machine assembly on the manufacturing floor
- Assist with domestic and international shipping as required.
Working at Cask Global Canning Solutions:
This is a full-time, permanent role with a competitive salary of $48,000 to $50,000/year commensurate with experience. We also offer a comprehensive group benefits package (health, dental, vision, etc.), and 3 weeks vacation to start. You’ll work Monday to Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
You‘ll be joining a team that is dedicated to getting the job done well - we believe “good enough,” is not enough. We are a committed group that loves the work we do and the people we work with. We value and invest in your professional development and offer significant opportunities to learn new skills and grow with the company.
- Experience in a shipping/receiving role.
- Experience in a production / mechanical assembly environment.
- Ability to read and follow engineering assembly drawing combined with basic math skills and ability to correctly read a measuring tape (both metric and imperial scales).
- Ability to safely lift 23 kilograms (50 lbs) or more.
- Class 5 driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract is a must
- Forklift experience / license an asset.
- First Aid training and safety system experience an asset.
- Computer competency and ability to learn software programs a must.
How to Apply:
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment and look forward to hearing from you.