This position is a member of one of Canada's largest and most trusted specialty companies. They deal with aluminum, sheets, formed panels, fabricated parts and aluminum castings.
$20/hr + benefits, including profit share program.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the shipper/Receiver communicates with both the customer and internal personnel to ensure the timely flow of inbound and outbound customer product. They will work together with other team members in the shipping, receiving, labelling and distributing of incoming and outgoing materials.
- Ship or receive product by loading or offloading customer trucks by forklift/combi lift or manual-loading (hand-bombing)
- Ensure forklift is in good working condition, reporting any malfunctions defects or issues immediately
- Stack material safely and efficiently without causing damage to property or surrounding material
- Receive customer product. Verify that customer paperwork matches the quantity of skids received.
- Deliver customer paperwork to the Customer Experience Team.
- Diligently affix labels (generated by the Shipping coordinator) to the skids
- Stage the skids in the allocated areas
- Working with the Shift and/or Facility Supervisor, pull skids from the staging area and transfer the material to the anodizing plant
- Working with the Shipping Coordinator, ensure that the correct material is loaded onto the truck.
- Maintain an organized warehouse
- Receive shipments of company supplies. Ensure packing slip matches the delivered item(s). Notify appropriate personnel of the delivery and transport the goods to their intended location
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time as required by the business
- Minimum 2 years experience as a skilled and certified Forklift Combi operator
- Must have good command of English, written oral
- Deal with team members and customers in an appropriate manner
- Working knowledge of OHSA regulations
- Ability to multitask, process jobs at the last minute and still able to maintain a cool head and positive attitude
- Ability to interface with an ERP
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are necessary
- Successful completion of a high school diploma required
- A strong team player that works well with others
High School Diploma
Leslie Pittman - Director, Customer Partnerships
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click on the "APPLY" button located elsewhere on this job posting (preferred) or email your resume to: email@example.com
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RECRUITER:
Leslie Pittman: http://stoakley.com/meet-leslie-pittman/
March 13, 2020
JOB ORDER NUMBER:
ABOUT STOAKLEY-STEWART CONSULTANTS:
Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. is an Executive Search/Recruiting Firm with international reach. We opened our doors in 1977 and have grown to be one of the most successful employment agencies in Canada, boasting over 300 person-years of recruiting expertise. We house a team of top-notch consultants, each acting as Subject Matter Expert in their chosen field. As a result we provide professional recruiting services to clients and candidates in a variety of industries. This expansive breadth of experience allows us, as a firm, to satisfy all of your hiring/employment needs. In accordance with Canadian laws, it is the policy of Stoakley-Stewart Consultants to consider all qualified individuals for available positions without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, country of origin, age, disability etc.
See ALL of our open jobs at: http://data.stoakley.com/alljobs.asp
WHAT ARE WE KNOWN FOR AND HOW DO WE HELP?
- Helping talented professionals secure new, exciting and rewarding career opportunities
- Treating each unique individual with professionalism, respect and integrity
- Meeting your distinct needs by matching you with the right corporate culture
By you ("the applicant") submitting your resumé and/or personal information here, grant Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. ("SSC") the right to use personal data for recruitment and selection purposes. The applicant understands that the applicant's personal information is only collected, used and disclosed by SSC in accordance with this form or otherwise as permitted by law. The applicant authorizes SSC to collect, use and disclose their personal information in order to attempt to assist them in gaining employment with of one of SSC's clients. For this purpose and as part of this process, the applicant authorizes SSC to take a number of steps, typically including, but not necessarily limited to: Obtaining their resumé and references (and any updates thereof); Interviewing them; Producing a video-clip of them; Speaking with their references; Verifying information and performing other searches and checks, done either by SSC or by an independent agency on behalf of SSC; Evaluating information about the applicant to analyze their suitability to potential positions; Disclosing any information about the applicant as provided by the applicant, by references and by other sources to any present or future client of SSC who, based on the applicant's qualifications, work requirements, desires and other factors and determined solely in the discretion of SSC, has or may have a position to which the applicant is or may be suited. The applicant understands that SSC will not disclose their information to a present or future client without speaking to the applicant first and receiving the applicant's verbal consent.
FOLLOW US FOR THE LATEST JOBS, CAREER ADVICE AND JOB MARKET TRENDS:
- Paid sick days
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Employee Events
- Long Term Disability
- Performance bonus
- Flexible Schedules
- Vacation/paid time off
- Paid Holidays