Responsible for the safe flow of industrial goods in and within the branch or warehouse. Ensures branches are supplied as necessary by shipping and receiving goods, checking for accuracy, and appropriately processing orders. Supports the warehouse by stocking shelves, performing housekeeping activities within the work area, and operating a forklift in support of the movement of goods
- Receives goods into inventory, including unpacking and verifying contents against appropriate documents; ensures received goods are accurately input into the computer tracking system
- Prepares packages to be sent out in accordance with information on the packing slip; picks and packs goods for shipment as per customer and branch orders.
- Ensures goods are shipped in accordance with organizational best practices and customer requirements
- Maintain Bills of Lading, book and arrange carriers for timely delivery of goods.
- Stock shelves with received shipments, using the appropriate sorting/organization system and equipment, including forklifts
- Files packing slips from suppliers and co-workers; prints service and production documents as required
- Completes a daily forklift log
- Ensures the warehouse is maintained in a clean and organized fashion at all times
- Performs additional duties including local pickup and delivery tasks outside regular warehouse duties as required
- Operates forklift and activities within the work area in a safe manner.
- Education: High School; valid Forklift license/certification
- Work Experience: 1-2 years previous experience in similar role
- Knowledge: Competent in Microsoft Office.
Since 1858, Wajax has been serving major Canadian industries as one of the nation’s leading mobile equipment, power systems, and industrial products and services providers. Wajax operates in the mining, oil sands, oil & gas, construction, forestry, industrial/commercial, transportation, and metal processing industries – to name a few.
Wajax offers a total compensation package that includes competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, learning and development, as well as some unique additional “perks.” Highlights include:
- 100% employer paid medical and dental benefits with no waiting period for eligibility
- Wajax-led e-learning, and product training through industry leading manufacturers such as Hitachi, 3M, and Detroit Diesel.
- Discounts with the “Big 3” auto manufacturers, equivalent to their internal employee pricing.
Wajax is committed to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse communities across Canada in which we do business. As an equal opportunity employer, please inform us if any accommodation is required if contacted for an interview.
As a condition of employment, final candidates will be subject to pre-screening.
\\ Together we get more done.