One (1) Full time Permanent position of “Shipping Supervisor (NOC 1215)” is available at Jobal Industries Limited, located at 2 Edvac Drive, Brampton, ON, L6S 5P2.
Main Duties to be completed as per the lead statement of NOC 1215:
- Monitor and oversee both outgoing and incoming shipping activities to make sure that everything that is received or shipped out is in perfect condition
- Responsible for posting weight and packaging of each and every item to be shipped out
- In charge of compiling a list of unfulfilled orders for future reference
- Direct the movement of shipments from shipping points to storage and/or work areas
- Inspect loading operations to make sure that they comply with shipping specifications
- Decide the load limit of each truck used in the loading and delivery process
- Read shipping notices, invoices, orders, and other documents so as to determine priorities and shipping methods that are needed to meet schedules
- Responsible for notifying the account department for financial transactions related to shipping services
- Carry out regular inventory reconciliation of supplied materials
- Prepare incorrect items report to vendors through the appropriate medium
- Play a mediator’s role between shipping units and vendors in the case of discrepancies in shipments, and reconcile with the appropriate bodies
- Ensure the availability of stock so as to reduce shortages
- Identify opportunities for enhancement and suggest ways of improvement to top management of the organization.
Experience: Minimum One (1) year of experience.
Education: Completion of Secondary school.
Wage rate: $24.50/hour
Hours: 40 hrs/week