Join the Flynn Family and experience the Flynn Way.
As North America’s leading building envelope contractor, Flynn Group of Companies employs over 4500 employees, with branches coast-to-coast across Canada and multiple branches in the United States. The “Flynn Way” is what sets us apart. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, a close-knit family work environment, stability, the opportunity to advance your career, and much, much more.
The foundation of our success is having the right people on our crew.
Flynn takes pride in providing the best for our employees, recognizing that our people are the greatest asset. We understand how important our people are to our continued success, so we’ve made Flynn a place they want to work. At Flynn, we provide our employees with the opportunity to take their career further. We strive to help our people build their skills amongst teams that innovate and educate, while ensuring we constantly evolve as a company.
At Flynn, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Why work at Flynn?
- Opportunity to work in a growing and successful Platinum Best Managed Company (since 1998)
- Opportunity to contribute to the expansion of HR programs and services
- Challenging, fast-paced work with a diverse client group
- Be a member of a great HR team!
- For over 30 years, Flynn Canada Ltd. has enjoyed steady growth and success by providing quality contracting services and design assistance to ensure long-term performance and customer satisfaction. Flynn covers multiple scopes including glazing, roofing, architectural panels and service. This position is a key part of our continued success in Edmonton, where the selection and support of people is a critical factor.
- Choose and utilize hand and power tools in order to complete fabrication task
- Exercise basic material handling methods to ensure no damage to the finished product
- Exhibit a safety-minded approach and exercise safe work practices required for tools and equipment in the shop
- Experience with sheet metal fabrication or aluminum composite fabrication is considered an asset
- Access to own transportation as a local bus route does not exist in the area of the shop
- Some OT required
- Must be able to work evening shift
- All candidates must pass a physical assessment before proceeding with employment
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Team player with a proactive attitude and approach
- Strong attention to details
- Good attendance
- Ability to read and understand fabrication drawings for labeling as well as crating for shipping to job site
- Familiar with and ability to use an axis machine is an asset
Are you ready to experience “The Flynn Way”?
- Work for one of Canada's Best Managed Companies
- Rewarding, challenging, fast-paced work in an excellent environment
- Be part of a dynamic team while using your innovation and creativity daily
- Develop life skills by learning and growing both personally and professionally
- Be part of a company that offers career advancement opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program offered to all employees and their families
- Excellent benefits program including; Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and RRSP matching
Additional Role Information:
We are also highly active and committed to creating an environment which is accessible to all of our customers, employees and applicants. Reasonable accommodations in the hiring process will be provided to people with disabilities upon request.
Flynn Group of Companies is an affiliated contractor with the Helmets to Hardhats Program.
For more information about starting your career with Flynn please visit www.flynncompanies.com