Join the Flynn Family and experience the Flynn Way.
As North America’s leading building envelope contractor, Flynn Group of Companies employs over 4500 employees, with branches coast-to-coast across Canada and multiple branches in the United States. The “Flynn Way” is what sets us apart. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, a close-knit family work environment, stability, the opportunity to advance your career, and much, much more.
The foundation of our success is having the right people on our crew.
Flynn takes pride in providing the best for our employees, recognizing that our people are the greatest asset. We understand how important our people are to our continued success, so we’ve made Flynn a place they want to work. At Flynn, we provide our employees with the opportunity to take their career further. We strive to help our people build their skills amongst teams that innovate and educate, while ensuring we constantly evolve as a company.
At Flynn, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Are you ready to experience “The Flynn Way”?
- Work for one of Canada's Best Managed Companies
- Rewarding, challenging, fast-paced work in an excellent environment
- Be part of a dynamic team while using your innovation and creativity daily
- Develop life skills by learning and growing both personally and professionally
- Be part of a company that offers career advancement opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program offered to all employees and their families
- Excellent benefits program including; Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and RRSP matching
This position will be based out of our Vancouver branch and reports to the Plant Manager. This role requires an independent and reliable person to perform the responsibilities outlined below. Familiarity with sheet metal, roofing, and glazing equipment and tools is a definite asset.
Responsibilities of the Shop Maintenance/Millwright include
- Troubleshoot and repair production equipment
- Operate production equipment and check safety, accuracy, and performance as required
- Maintain records of work performed, repairs, labour hours and materials consumed
- Maintain manufacturing equipment and small tools
- Identify/record problems relating to product, process, and quality system
- Initiate corrective and preventive solutions through proper channel
- Ensure a clean and safe work environment
- Ensure that work practices are compliant with provincial safety standards
- Perform general facility repairs such as plumbing and electrical repairs
- Perform duties assigned by the Plant Manager
Skills of the Shop Maintenance/Millwright include:
- Experience with operation, maintenance, and repair of sheet metal equipment such as brakes, shears, benders, roll formers
- Experience with operation, maintenance, and repair of glazing equipment such as sealant pumps, saws, power cups
- Steel and aluminum welding, welding inspection ticket is a plus
- Forklift and truck/trailer operation is a plus
- Roofing equipment and small engine repair
- Experience with CNC operation and programming is definitely an asset
This position requires an individual that has excellent people skills and is able to work independently as well as in a team environment. On occasion, he/she may be tasked to assist other branches with their equipment repairs and operations.
We are also highly active and committed to creating an environment which is accessible to all of our customers, employees and applicants. Reasonable accommodations in the hiring process will be provided to people with disabilities upon request.
Flynn Group of Companies is an affiliated contractor with the Helmets to Hardhats Program.
For more information about starting your career with Flynn please visit www.flynncompanies.com
Construction, Maintenance, Shop