PRG is the world’s leading provider of services and solutions in entertainment and events. We bring industry-leading creativity, experience and technology to every project we undertake.
Our teams consist of the most accomplished experts, engineers and craftspeople working in theatre, film, tv, broadcast, concert touring, corporate events and hotels and staging. With 170 patents and over 70 trademarks, we are a company defined by innovation. And, through our network of 70 offices spanning five continents, PRG is capable of delivering for its customers anywhere on the globe.
The Shop Manager has responsibility for, but is not limited to, supervising all shop staff and maintaining the readiness of all depot rental equipment and the warehouse facility. This includes functions such as; the supervision and training and evaluation of the warehouse staff in receipt, inspection, maintenance/cleanliness of all equipment upon return from rentals, configuration of equipment for client rental and maintenance of the general warehouse facility. Additionally, this employee shall be responsible for the repair and refurbishment of all PRG equipment.
- Provide hands on direction, guidance, training and supervision on the shop floor to subordinate employees.
- Oversee dispatch/logistics functions to ensure efficient operation of the department.
- Oversee proper execution of the Purchase Order process for all shop supplies, equipment repairs, sub-rental and freight purchases as needed.
- Prepare work schedule for assigned employees.
- Supervise and coordinate all activities related to outbound and inbound orders and the check-in and repair of resources in the shop.
- Provide timely support to show site regarding last minute corrections, additions and replacements.
- Ensure that all company paperwork is completed timely, accurately and in accordance with Company requirements. Some examples include, but are not limited to, order forms, pick tickets, delivery/return rental agreements, shipping documents, vendor packing lists/invoices and all other operation forms.
- Identify and implement procedural changes that improve the department's overall performance.
- Confer with management to discuss operational challenges, issues and opportunities.
- Supervise the individual department heads in maintaining the Company’s equipment manuals in order to provide technical specifications to clients and employees, as required.
- Participate in hiring, promotion, transfer and discharge process This includes, but is not limited to: direct employee training and cross-training of new, existing employees and interns, Prepare and conduct coaching and counseling sessions and disciplinary discussions and/or letters in conjunction with the Office Manager.
- Participate in the annual evaluation of subordinate employees in conjunction with the Office Manager.
- Educate, comply and enforce all Safety procedures.
- Possession of a High School Diploma or its' equivalent.
- Two years of work experience may be substitued for the High School Diploma. Trade School or post High School training in an appropriate field may be substituted in part for the experience requirement above.
- Minimum of three or more years experience in event or entertainment technology warehouse operations, equipment maintenance or other relevant experience.
- Experience troubleshooting equipment is preferred.
EEO and Disclosure
PRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PRG is a drug-free work environment, pre-employment testing will be required.
This is a safety sensitive position and will require pre employment drug screening.
Production Resource Group LLC participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
PRG cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. PRG does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. PRG will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. PRG will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to an in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/.